Own a Bar in the world of an RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ZigZaGame, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    #1 ZigZaGame, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Update-
    Hey Guys the game thread is up on the upcoming section with screen shots.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=119904

i pushed for Tavern Quest and Bar Quest, but was out voted...and we had to go with Adventure Bar Story...eitherway the game is great!

we probably need help with beta, so please come join us on the new thread if interested! Thanks for all your inputs!

original post-
    Hey Guys, we are few weeks away from releasing a new game, which involves owning a bar inside an rpg world. It's a hybrid between simulation (managing a bar) and rpg (you fight monsters to get ingredients to cook dishes for your bar).

We Need Your Help! Which Title is better?

1. Bar in Wonderland
    or
    2. Adventure Bar Story
    or
    3. None of the Above (Please suggest a name).

2. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Violent Bar Story

Fantasy Pub Story

Zig's Hardcore Choke n' Puke Pub... / story rpg :D lol, had to throw that in.....

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Not to sound too mean or anything, but neither of those titles really make me think "Hm, this game could be interesting, lets check it out".

4. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    What about Tavern RPG or RPG Inn?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Out of the two I prefer Adventure Bar Story, in part because it has a sort of generic parody sound to it.

6. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    What about something like "Brews and Baddies" or "Obligatory RPG Pub"... I dunno.

In any case I LOVE the concept. Pubs are such a mainstay of RPGs but you rarely get into the backstory of the pub owner. This reminds me of Torneko for PS1. :)

7. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    That sounds like a title of a Kairosoft game. :p

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Whatever you pick, make sure it is begins with an A or a B. I say this because now that the new releases are mixed with the updates in the release list, your game will travel to the bottom before it even starts if you pick a letter lower in the alphabet.

9. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Agreed, it sounds too much like a Kairosoft knock-off.

Adventure Bar might be sufficient and is kind of intriguing :)

10. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Pub and Club
    Bar Quest

11. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #11 Duss321, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    Nvm didnt read the first post. sorry :D

12. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Inn Fighting:A BarPG

13. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    #13 ZigZaGame, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks guys...really appreciate the help. no one seems to like my 2 title options...need suggestions!!!

14. idolminds

idolminds Member

Sep 18, 2010
    The game sounds similar to Recettear...oh please say it is!Name ideas:

BaRPG
    Tavern Quest
    Quest Your Thirst

15. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    +1 to Tavern Quest

16. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

It's not that they're bad titles, but they don't really say anything about the game, or make me want to check it out. Game titles are just like the first line/paragraph of a story-if it doesn't grab you, no matter how good it is, most won't think twice. Probably moreso with an iOS game.

From what you've described, your game sounds pretty unique (and very cool to me), and tbh, Adventure Bar Story sounds way too much like the kairosoft games. And Bar in Wonderland? Sounds like one of those awful zombie/classic novel mashups (not that it connotes zombies, but like Alice in Wonderland running a bar for the mad hatter or something).

The only other title that came to me off the top of my head was Alehouse Annhilation, but I'm sure something else will come to mind.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    To give a name on a product that can be difficult. although, a good product name, can generate more sales as well.
    Research the names of your competitors products which are in the top rank position. Do not use a name similar to the existing, so that your product is not associated with that product. Create a name that is interesting, sell, or can with a funny name.The name of your product must be easy to remember and easy to be spoken. But the most important thing is to characterize your product with the name you chose.
    "Tavern Quest" is a real nice choice, but maybe you should also name the tavern, to give it a personality, a character.
    Something like "Darkwood Tavern Quest" or "Darkwood Tavern Quests".
    Now, instead of simply putting the words one after another, mix and stir them up a bit to make them sound more interesting.
    After that, a fluid, interesting name should come out, like "Tale of the Darkwood Inn" or "Tales of the Darkwood Inn".
    Just my 2ct.

18. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Hey Guys the game thread is up on the upcoming section.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=119904

i pushed for Tavern Quest and Bar Quest, but was out voted...and we had to go with Adventure Bar Story...eitherway the game is great!

we probably need help with beta, so please come join us on the new thread if interested! Thanks for all your inputs!

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I actually really like the name "Tales of the Darkwood Inn" or "Tales from the Darkwood Inn." I wonder, however, if it's a bit too close to the "Tales" series or JRPGs. Obviously the "Tales of..." formula is as old as the hills, but I think some gamers may recent the similarity to a famous property.

Still like the name, though.

20. KrisjohnTwin

KrisjohnTwin Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't you make an "Inn" gag?

Dew Drop Inn
    Barge Inn
    Wander Inn