Huge IAPS Made By Kids?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArtNJ, Dec 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    What is the apple policy these days and how do you go about getting the refund, if a refund is possible?

Appears that 9 year old memorized the lousy 4 digit parental lock password and used it by himself.

Thanks.

2. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Well try to get the refund as soon as possible. Make sure you know the game the kid made the IMAP, and the the package he bought.
    Provide all those info to a costumer support, or go to the apple website.( fill out the form for refund, and mark it as unauthorized purchase)
    The chance of you getting this refund is 60/100 so you might get the refund or not

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My 9yr old Daughter would be in the deepest of sh@t if she did this, she'd be paying every penny back (if I got a refund or not) and I'd probably take her device off her too as she understands it's real money and she knows that even the smallest Iap wouldn't go un-noticed as I check my bank everyday. (Think I may have done it with warnings though as she won't dload or update stuff without asking first)
    Does your 9 year old understand that it's real money? You might be able to hit report a problem on the iTunes receipt and explain. I hope you get a refund and I'd put a claim in as soon as possible. Keep us updated on what they say. Good Luck.