Doom sale, still worth it?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zack101, Aug 14, 2009.

?

Doom resurrection worth buying on sale?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2009.
  1. YES! It's a steal!

62.7%
  2. Yeah at the sale price its ok

26.4%
  3. No the game sucks

10.9%
  1. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Is doom resurrection worth it on sale becasue there are some very mixed reviews

be honest: is it worth it?

2. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    It's a great game, worth it at full price, a no-brainer at the sale price. Unless you don't like, you know, shooting things and stuff.

3. Rozzie

Rozzie Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    it's dirt cheap, and it's doom. you bet your ass its worth it!

rozzie

4. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    #4 julzsantana15, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!! :eek:

6. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    On rails = Uber suckage

7. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Dude BUY THIS GAME RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Honestly, don't judge this game by the lame screenshots on itunes, or videos on youtube. Just download it and enjoy it, it really is one of a kind in the app store.

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

That doesen't sound as if you have played the game...

9. narr

narr Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Definitely! I bought it yesterday and I love it! Feels like a real full game. Superb graphics and animations aswell. I thought it would be too easy being on rails... it's not. Quite a challenge actually, I thought.

10. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Yes, buy this now. I would not let this whole "on rails" negativity dissuade you. People should not fall into the trap of thinking rail play is bad because it isn't. DR is a terrific game, and it's definitely worth more than this sale price.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It goes without saying that if you have a pathological aversion to on-rail shooters, you should not get it. For saner folk, though, it's a steal at the sale price.

12. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I'm tempted by it now myself, but after similar hype and defense for MGST (another good looking/expensive iPhone game), I'm apprehensive. Played the lite for MGST and know that the full game is worth no more than 59p to me --I just hope that this isn't everyone justifying another "expensive" (relative) purchase and that the game is actually as *great* as it's being made out to be. MGST certainly wasn't.

13. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Believe me, I have, hated it.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Doom is much better than MGST, much better than Time Crisis. And frankly, if you think that MGST was being made out to be "great" in this forum, you haven't been paying attention -- it pretty much got blasted around these parts (I appreciated the production values but thought the game play was way too thin).

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    If you hate on-rail shooters so much, why did you even bother with it?

16. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    To be completely honest... I hate games on rails. But I love Doom, so as soon as this sale hit I tried it out.

COMPLETELY FREAKING AWESOME! it's by far the best shooter I have played since it's on rails. I mean just look at everyone here, the only one who didn't like it was that guy complaining about it being on rails (I doubt he really has it). When your playing it, you forget that it's even on rails. If I would have played it before I definately would have gotten it at $9.99, so at this price... BUY IT INSTANTLY!

Incase you don't know what i'm getting at... This is completely worth the normal price, let alone the sale price.

17. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I must have played through nightmare difficulty like 5-6 times straight through. One after another:) I'd gladly pay the $10 again.

18. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    That is the reason for the Neg reviews.... Not because it's on rails but because it wasn't expected to be. Some people are having trouble looking past that and enjoying it as a rail shooter. If you accept it for what it is, it's a great game and well worth the 3 bucks.

19. dmbama

dmbama Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I personally didn't like it but that's just my opinion

20. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i havent gotten this yet, and this sale is really tempting me to. okay...before i click buy, can someone tell me if there will be updates with more levels? and what is the average length of the levels? also, the blood effects are really wierd....:eek: