Up In The Sky - FREE PROMO CODES

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by softcoda, May 20, 2014.

1. softcoda

softcoda Member

May 1, 2014
    Apps Developer
    #1 softcoda, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. gametherapy

gametherapy Member

May 20, 2014
    I really like the trailer. Thanks for sharing. :)

3. gtrs1

gtrs1 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Thank you. I took FX4RJXAKLP4P

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    KXM39FJR7NTW thank you :)

5. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    6PA396KMN44K tha you.

6. superbb123

superbb123 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Master Assassin...
    Behind You...
    Took YEAJM7FWP93W Thank You!

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #7 Lavender, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Very cute game.
    Colorful enough for kids to love it and challenging enough for adults as well, if played right, and with some minor tweaks.
    Love the concept. It has a familiarity to some of the other games that go higher & higher or jump up, up, up.
    But; using the balloons to go higher is very original.
    It has a fun atmosphere, especially with the cute music playing.

Constructive criticism:
    When I first start playing, the dog is supposed to grab the balloon string above him. I don't know if it's my IPad (iPad Air) or the game's sensitivity but, it takes 4 or 5 swipes (up) for the dog to jump up for the string. I swipe and nothing is happening until one time it does.

Also, this part was very strange for me. The dog does not go in the sam direction of the swipe. I swipe over the dog 2 times towards the right. He bends and then jumps to the left. it's a little odd.

The last thing.
    When the dog is floating up on a balloon, he is not really gong anywhere. I can just leave the game on, let him hang there for a long time until one of those nasty birds come by and pop the balloon which is not very often. I did see one time, a bone on one of the balloon. I didn't try for it because it was the other side of the screen and there was no incentive that I could see.

I would suggest, that there be more balloons and, if someone reaches the top, they are out. Then, there would be a true incentive to jump from balloon to balloon. The player could jump from a fast balloon to a slow balloon.

There's a huge potential here. Power ups on different balloons, like nets that catch the birds and make them drop out of site. A tack or stick pin that allows the player to pop 1 balloon that is in the way. Twine or string that makes the jump longer for one time to jump on a balloon that is to far away.
    You could even color code the balloons! for example: Blue balloons are slow.Red ones fast.

There's so much that can be done with this game.

I believe it could be great.

Thanks again for the promo code!!

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    All codes are gone

9. softcoda

softcoda Member

May 1, 2014
    Apps Developer
    Hi Lavender,

Thanks so much for the insight.

Hope the following addresses a couple of your points/concerns:

When the Game First starts / Restarts : for the very first time or after a restart, Dogily holds onto the first balloon, without you having to swipe.

Swinging Dogily: Dogily Swings in the opposite direction of the swipe. This gives a realistic feel, which also conforms to the laws of physics.

Tips:

The extent of your swipe determines how far Dogily goes.

Each balloon has got a different speed, and be careful, some may cause you to go down or even explode.:eek:

Some Incentives:

a. Bone Balloons: swinging onto a certain number of bone balloons, depending on the type of bone(bronze, silver or gold) will give you a bonechute. Dogily releases the bonechute, when the balloon Dogily is holding onto gets popped either by the bird or during a stormy weather.

So make sure you swing onto the bone balloons, whenever you can.:)

b.Hot-Air Balloon: A Golden balloon is available during a stormy weather and must be swung onto to release a hot-air balloon.

c. Game Center Scores and Achievements: Also the game aggregates the number of successful swings of Dogily, near-misses, bonechutes etc. for Game Center.

Once again thanks so much for your suggestions, we'll try and take some of them into consideration.

HAPPY SWINGING!!!
    Up In The Sky Team

10. softcoda

softcoda Member

May 1, 2014
    Apps Developer
    Hi,

A new minor update of Up In The Sky is available now - version 1.0.1 and it's free.

You don't need to do anything, initially, when the game starts - Dogily holds onto the balloon automatically. And when it does, you can then start swinging.

We're still looking at a couple of your recommendations in your earlier post - thanks once again for that.

Happy Swinging....