Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm with DBC here. I've had the game since launch, paid full price, praised it and told people to stick with it and yet...here I am, bailing. It's not for any particular reason, but I just stopped caring enough to keep going.

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Yeah Absoulutyly loved this game. I even had top score at one point. The game to me just lost its fun after a couple weeks. It just gets repetitive. Plus to compete with top charts you really need to have a 1hour+ run, and with no save option it kinda blows. If endless runners are your thing this is deff a must have.

Fast

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    @ Capricornman -

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I've barely scratched the surface, but I'm just not enjoying myself, soooo...;)

@ metalcasket -

It's funny you said you stopped caring. I think that pretty accurately describes what finally clicked for me today. I think I got to a point early on where I knew the game wasn't working, but hearing others talk about how awesome it gets if you just "hang in there" pushed me for a bit.

I played a few rounds today, felt my anxiety and frustration mounting, and finally said, "WTF am I doing? I play games to enjoy myself, not prove a point... I've got the wings, I've seen a boss, the game just doesn't work for me. If I'm still in a learning curve at this point..."

That, in a nutshell, was it for me.

I truly hope the game gets an update that fixes at least the camera, but if not, I'm not overly concerned at this point, especially considering the number of neglected games I have on my phone, not to mention my laptop.:eek:;):D

DBC

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Well I don't think I need anymore frustration and anxiety in my life...no one does so...... I think I'm going to take up a different hobby!
    I've always liked macramé!

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Sad to hear you guys give up. Guess it isn't everyone's cup of tea. For some reason this game did click for me. And have enjoyed it ever since. One of the best games I've played this year. Never really frustrated me but I can see where some might feel otherwise.

Anyway, just don't want the dev to feel discouraged.

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I was frustrated at first too..but after reaching the first boss I was hooked. I beat the story mode yesterday and its pretty fun. For me, each run takes too long..so I don't know the longevity of this for me. I usually don't have much motivation after beating the game...to continue playing them..but this was quite fun for a few hours.

@awp69: I found out I just beat your best distance last night. But don't think I can catch up to others.

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I was ready to give up on this because I kept dying so fast, but after investing all the coins I had after many many infuriatingly short runs in the permanent wings upgrade it totally upped my experience by a lot. I started having much longer runs and having a lot of fun, wouldnt mind if they tweaked the cam a bit though and also the rate at which you gain coins feels a tad slow but im guessing if I get better so would the income rate.

Its worth mentioning I play this game for little burst with loads of other games in the mix so maybe thats the reason it feels very fresh and engaging for me still.

8. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    for some reason I keep playing this game. I couldn't kill the second boss (strange that it'll just go away after a while), but I don't think I got too much farther.

this game reminds me a lot of something capcom might make. it has neat and kind of interesting (but really, not that good) graphics, mutated monster things that are probably some genetic experiment gone wrong...and most of all, god awful control/design choices. the camera angles, the floaty jumping, the pickups that sometimes register, sometimes don't...the AI that makes no sense.

my advice would be to grind till you get wings. control issues get a lot more tolerable when you've got those. and if you're not having fun, just play something else.

what I'm hoping is that the guy is actually carrying the woman to the lab because they have been hunting her in order to use her special DNA to create the ultimate soldier.

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    The second boss? She just went away? Play a little longer...you'll wish she went away!!!! Hahahacoughhurumph.

10. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    ha, after I posted my message, I loaded up the game and had my best run yet (got to the train, but ended up smashing into a wall because I was just floating in the air after a jump). and yeah, the brainchild (that's not the name, I know, but it looks close) came back. I kept shooting it, but the 'eyes' weren't taking damage.

so about the store items...does the 2 lives at start powerup let you revive once, or twice? and is it always there in the next game like the wings upgrade? I just bought the second wing upgrade, which cleared out my bank.

11. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Yup same as wings 2 lives at start up.

12. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    The game gets easier the more wings you get. By the time you get them maxed out you almost have to be asleep at the wheel to die. And if you have a boost in the tank you can save yourself from even bad jumps, because the boost resets your jumps and lets you get some height to get to the next platform.

I love this game. My only problem is that the money grind is kind of long, and it's taking a while to buy the clock.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ive grinded 4 or 5 times because of the save reset (before the fix) and i get 2 to max wing upgrades before every reset. The grind time i put here every reset is similar to what i put in other runner games. Not too fast, but not too bad.

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    you're close :). I hope that Gamesmold doesn't mind me saying this, but he did draw inspiration from a Konami game.

15. shawnbuddy

Jul 10, 2012
    Finally cracked the leaderboards. I'm currently at 13 with 111,950,580 points. That's good enough for me, it took about two hours and I was getting tired by the time I mercifully ran into a wall. Also, the top score is ridiculous and the next eight are suspiciously nearly identical and astronomical, so I feel a little better about my score.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow! Nice job. Yeah, don't think I'll be catching up either. I mentioned before that I'm not really one that cares too much about leaderboards but it's always a nice bonus to see yourself up there. I've dropped to like #163 but still in the Top 5%. Given that many are giving up not getting used to the controls, however, that might not be such an accomplishment.

Still haven't gotten beyond my 10 million score, which was actually when I beat the "story mode" for the first time. I'm sure if I really, really spend hours upon hours I could do better but my gaming time is limited and plenty of other games begging for my time.

Still, it's amazing what people are getting. Greyskull with 70+ million and, now, you shawnbuddy! Two hours for a single run. Don't think I could handle that.

Those top 9 on the leadboards all have to be fake.

My current goal is just to unlock the clock so I can see the "rest of the story". Still love the game.

17. shawnbuddy

Jul 10, 2012
    Especially FinalArk, who is at the top of other runners, too, always with an obviously hacked score.

I got enough money for the clock on my run today and got to see what it does. Pretty cool, although I wish there was an easy way to just zoom to that point after you unlock it.

18. Can anyone describe how people can hack scores on gamecenter? I assume you have to have a jailbroken device, but do you need a pirated version of the game, and then what?

19. shawnbuddy

Jul 10, 2012
    So I got
    about 15,000 meters into the vortex and didn't see anything. I guess it really is endless? Also, I guess there's nothing special that happens when you sacrifice all three girls?

I guess with that I'm mostly done with this one, but bring on Blood Roofs 2.

20. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I haven't gotten very far past the clock tower, but I knew about the vortex from the achievement list...but I think I'll be quite sick of the game well before I experience that.