Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Crafting update out! Any impressions? Is the world finally bigger?

2. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    The world didnt seem bigger than before. The update is good, finally theres crafting albeit somewhat limited in the things you can make but its a step in the right direction and or sure makes things a lot more interesting in survival mode.

3. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    I'm worried about the in-game material amounts being balanced enough with such a small landscape. Do trees grow on their own or is there a limit to how much wood you can get? Is there enough coal to make a decent amount of torches? Etc...

4. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    The fact that Minecraft PE has been out for months and just now includes CRAFTING and still doesn't have real cave systems is just laughable. It's like releasing an FPS and not including the guns.

Add in the fact that the world is TINY and Mojang is slanging this woefully incomplete shizzy for 7 bucks, and it all becomes even more hilarious.

5. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Hi all.. I've never played MineCraft and just downloaded this edition..

I'm reading that there is crafting, but unsure of how to do this? Mind you, I'm not playing survival so I don't know if that comes into play.

Also, for flying, I can get into that mode but can't seem to ascend/ descend?

Finally.. I think I would really like this, would you guys recommend that I buy this for my mac (slightly off topic I know), and how much would it cost? Any ideas?

Thanks all..

6. RyanGibbard

RyanGibbard Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Student
    Cheltenham, England
    http://www.minecraft.net/store

£16.95 not sure how much it is in other currencies but you should defo buy it on Mac if you like this (crappy) pocket edition!

7. nickmorgs

nickmorgs Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Only stone pick axes ?

I've only just picked up the pocket edition and haven't yet spent much time with it but, from what i can tell, there are only wooden and stone tools so far ?

8. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    People are right in saying this pricey title is severely lacking, when compared to the PC version. However, this is the future of the game for people like me, who have stopped using computers. Thanks to this Pocket Edition, I am atleast able to enjoy some form of Minecraft.

9. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Probably. Christ, it took them six months to add CRAFTING to Minecraft PE. Probably will take them another six to add actual caves or a world larger than a couple hundred blocks square. (How big is it, anyways? 128x128? 256x256?)

Mojang is sitting on literally millions of dollars and still ships a laughably incomplete game as a seven dollar product and then updates it at a glacial pace?! Fudge that noise. Buy Junk Jack.

10. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Id have to agree. For a company like Mojang, I would expect better.

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Junk Jack is one of my all time favorite games. I adore everything about it. I've gotten into minecraft on the 360 and I may play that more, but that is only because I can play it with friends.

The fact that Junk Jack has treasure, a billion awesome little things, and on a mobile device nothing comes close. Mc for ios is a joke of a shell that is only Worth buying if you are a minecraft purist. For me, as much as I love the 360 version, I still wish it had even 1/10th of content junk jack does. Statues, treasure, etc.

12. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Does anyone know what the plans are for PE in next releases? I downloaded the LE and was very underwhelmed. Not played MC before either.

13. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
  14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Update coming soon.

From Twitter.

15. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Hope the update is released soon. I believe it'll have Creepers and smelting.

16. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I heard it has all mobs but idk

17. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I don't have this game I play junk jack.

Does any one know if the update will make it worthwhile getting?

I mean compared to jj it doesn't seem to have a lot from what I can see but hey I don't play it so I don't know for sure!

I looked at a few websites and videos and it looks like that there is a lot of speculation but actually no one knows what is properly coming in this update?

Still on the fence.

18. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    with the price of $6.99... is it really worth it? im trying to update games here... im removing games and apps i got bored of playing... shopping for games below $5... just curious how this one got $6.99 for a price when most apps are below $5...

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that the game is worth its price. They said that the game will be supported like the PC version, but if I were you I would wait for the update.

20. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    oh... ok... do you guys, post updates here? i may not visit the app from time to time, but forums... yeah...