★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Welcome to the Geometry Dash forum! Please read!

09-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the Geometry Dash forum! Please read!

Hey guys,

The main Geometry Dash thread has vastly outgrown what one individual thread is really capable of handling. It moves ridiculously fast, and with (as of this writing) 67,000+ posts over 2.7 million views, it made sense to create a subforum for the game so people can actually have separate discussions beyond what is happening at that exact second in the game's thread.

This is a part of a larger experiment of creating subforums for other super popular games, but the idea is these subforums can act as their own little independent islands in the TouchArcade forums with their own subforum specific moderators and whatever rules make sense for a particular subforum to have. For instance, I'd like to give some big members of our Geometry Dash community mod status and let you guys come up with what sort of stuff should be posted here.

Like, should people be able to create their own threads for their levels? If so, what kind of format should those follows? I'm sure there will be other things that pop up as part of this process... But, at the end of the day, we've got an awesome Geometry Dash community here and this seems like a great step to taking that one step further.

With that said, any thoughts on who would be good moderators for this forum? Anyone want to propose some rules for what should be posted here? Any other questions/comments/concerns? Try to keep the spam to a minimum in this thread, as I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this to make sure everyone's needs are being met to make this as rad as possible.
09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
I agree, the other fourm has a lot of posts

28270823 go play it n stuff

09-11-2015, 01:28 PM
This is an amazing idea! I would suggest RobTop being a moderator for this thread ( seeing as he is the creator of the game), I can't think of anyone else at the moment but I will report back here when I think of someone else.
09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
This is an amazing idea! I would suggest RobTop being a moderator for this thread ( seeing as he is the creator of the game), I can't think of anyone else at the moment but I will report back here when I think of someone else.
I like the idea! (For subforums) Also, I think Rob should be a mod.

Name Change pending, will change my name once it changes in game.
09-11-2015, 01:37 PM
I mean I don't have a problem making RobTop a mod at all but the dude has tons on his plate as is so I can't imagine him spending too much time here doing actual moderation stuff.
09-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Thank you for this Now we can start fresh again

Fun fact: LaX means salmon in Swedish Kappa
09-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
should people be able to create their own threads for their levels?
You want this forum to blow up with level threads or what? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
09-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dako1 View Post
You want this forum to blow up with level threads or what? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Whatever you guys want to do! It's your corner of TouchArcade. If we get tons of level threads, and that's what people want, so be it!
09-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Whatever you guys want to do! It's your corner of TouchArcade. If we get tons of level threads, and that's what people want, so be it!
Yaaassss

28270823 go play it n stuff
09-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to MightyMan22
Quote:
Even level requests? (People spamming with level IDs to get ratings and views)

I'm making logos for free! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=270905 Read this for more info.
Go here for dank memes http://gdhypeclub.freeforums.net/