Value for Money

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tblrsa, Dec 11, 2009.

1. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    I´d be interested from which non free game you got the most value out, depending on the price you paid for it.

For me those converted Adventure Games by iphsoft (Flight Of The Amazon Queen, Simon The Sorcerer 1, Simon The Sorcerer 2, Inherit The Earth) would be great candidates. Same goes for "Beneath A Steel Sky - Remastered" which i got for 79 Cent on Sale. They are not your typical iPhone Games, but they work very well on the Platform.

Apart from those i´d like to list TanZen, Zentonimo and PathPix. They all feature numerous puzzles for a small price tag.

2. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Crosslogic Ultimate has 1,768 puzzles for $.99

3. meme

meme Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    i really liked Gemmed. $1.99 and 75 levels + several other options for play. I definitely found it to be a deal.

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I bought Beatrider while it had the $0.99 sale. Best purchase ever for me, since it created quality musical rhythm game out of any song I have, unlike some other apps that dish out DLC for "extra songs". :rolleyes:

5. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I tend to stay away from games like those, i got burned pretty bad by Phase on the iPod classic...

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I love Unblock Me..its just so simple and addicting :) Dotopop is fun too.

7. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Maybe it was just low quality then. Beatrider is basically at the same quality as the other apps, except it has infinite songs instead of 5 or 10. I don't see any reason why anyone would rather buy the other stuff like Tap Tap Revenge, unless they're so lazy that they don't want to upload a song or something.

8. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    I played Unblock Me Free for a while some time ago. I started having anxiety attacks at times when I couldn't move some blocks. Had to delete it.

Back on topic. I gotta say Defender Chronicles. Goth only knows how many hours I have spent on that game. Just noticed there's a new update with more content, so I won't be quitting for a while now.

9. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Hahaha damn that sucks. When I first got it I got frustrated but after awhile I got used to it, focused more on what key block needed to be moved in order to progress. So far I think I've only completed like 340 puzzles though..I mostly only play it in my morning classes :D

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #10 ultimo, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
    Listing the prize I got them for :cool:
    CJS - $1
    Toki Tori - $1
    BIA - $1

PS : I presume you are aware of appvent

EDIT :
    Try this one

11. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    +1 for Beatrider and Unblock Me (though I actually just have 'Blocked' but it's the same thing). Got both for $.99 and have put lots of time into both.

I got iSpades for $.99 on sale and that is my most played game on this platform ever since they updated it with multiplayer.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Three games I've played more than most other video games short of MMORPG's:

-Doodle Jump
    -Canabalt
    -Bejeweled