MotoHeroz by RedLynx

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jenkki, Mar 6, 2012.

1. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    #1 jenkki, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    COMING TO IPHONE AND IPAD MARCH 15

MotoHeroz takes the fun, fast gameplay of a Trials style game, adds it to a frantic rally race, and delivers a fresh new kind of side-scrolling, platform racing game.

Players race, chase, and rally their way through a brightly colored world, competing against their friends for the fastest times, entering daily races, and hunting for secrets and coins.

Features:

Physics-based racing: Fun gameplay with 6 vehicles in 30 exciting tracks
    Single player fun: Unlock tracks by beating opponents and different challenges
    Fun for many: Race against your friends in asynchronous multiplayer on each track
    Claim the top spot: Global and Friend-based Leader Boards let gamers compete against each other
    Fully optimized: Filesize under 20 Mb and blazing fast load times, instant restarts
    Gather secrets: Find all of the hidden treasures to beat the game 100%

Video link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTj9NrMiUE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More screens and info at:
    http://redlynx.com/games/motoheroz

Discussion forum at:
    http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=67

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Nice! Can't wait for March 15th :)

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    From the folks who made 1000 Heroz? Count me in!

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This is great news, but I'm disappointed that they haven't fit in any form of simultaneous multiplayer - that's where the game really shines on WiiWare. It's a hoot. Still, the ghost chasing will be fun, as will the single player. I'm definitely buying it.

This game is way more fun than 1000 Heroz, so if you liked that, you will love this.

5. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    This was one of the main reasons for borrowing my brothers Wii recently (well, after Mario Galaxy 2 anyway). Super hyped to learn that it's finally coming to ios! Can't wait..!!

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow about time. Can't wait for next week.

7. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks for the replies guys! If there are any questions, feel free to ask them. We'll be checking this thread during GDC and beyond.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well seeing how RedLynx did Trials, 1000Heroz and Draw Racing... I see no reason for this to suck :) Can't wait!

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm just glad for any games by redlynx your one of my all time fav dev's. Still waiting for trials evo ;-)

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fantastic game on the Wii.

Sucks that the iOS version won't have any multiplayer though - that was the main reason I was excited for the game in the first place.

Imagine this with four players! :)

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It does have multiplayer. It has ghost chasing leaderboard type stuff, which is also really well done in the WiiWare game, so I presume it will be good here. What it doesn't have is the simultaneous multiplayer "party mode" or whatever it was called. I wish it had that, but oh well. Seems like they could have done it local, at least, with bluetooth, and that would be awesome for plane and train rides with the family. Maybe in an update??? Please! :)

Also I was wondering is this will be universal or at least offer a separate iPad version?

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #12 oooooomonkey, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    Nvm after thinking about it the controls are the right way round. Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway can't wait. :)

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm not sure what you are saying. On the left is rotation controls, on the right is back/forward controls. It seems correct? I wouldn't want the go back button to be on the right of the go forward button. That would certainly be strange. Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying, though.

EDIT: oh, I see what you mean. Platformers have left/right on the left side. Is that what you meant? I guess they are thinking gas pedal, which is usually on the right of the screen. Maybe you can swap them, though.

14. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    We'll definitely think about and we have thought about how to get Party Rally, but it has to be a good experience.

There are two versions, iPhone and iPad.

15. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    #15 Karl Schmidt, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Hi devs,

is it running on 3rd-gen. devices?

What is the release-price?

16. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Okay, now I'm psyched for the 15th! Something tells me I may end up with both versions at some point fairly soon. :p

17. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Redlynx Community Manager
    @Karl - I'll try to get the answers to your questions.

Info from from Pahannes (developer) at RedLynx forums:

Some levels are based on the best WiiWare levels but more or less tweaked and redecorated. There are still many brand new levels. This time there are six different vehicles each with own set of levels. No more space and water levels! The Moon world is also almost completely redesigned. It looks way better now. Some new artwork is included in every world.

This time you can also upgrade your vehicle. Some levels have now different driving lines for fully upgraded vehicles and basic vehicles. A lot more variation!

Also note that the asynchronous multiplayer is not a separate game mode. Racing against leader board ghosts is integrated directly into the single player mode. Every time you play you are racing against two ghosts: next star ghost (or your own if you already got three stars) and a leader board ghost. Leader board ghosts are automatically retrieved so you always have someone better than you to compete against.

18. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Redlynx Community Manager
    Hey guys, MotoHeroz iOS will run on:

iPod Touch 3G
    iPod Touch 4G
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4(s)
    iPad
    iPad 2

Unfortunately, the iPhone 3G will not run MotoHeroz iOS.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'll be buying both iPhone and iPad versions. I can't wait for Wednesday night! Also will keep fingers crossed that Party Rally can be added in a future update.