Trying to find a certain game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Divinitymagic, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Divinitymagic

Divinitymagic Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Good evening folks, just arrived here as i thought this would be the best place for my query,

around 2 years ago i downloaded a game for my young son on the ipad (which is long gone) and i cant for the life of me remember the name, so...... I was hoping if i give a detailed enough description, some sharp member(s) may be able to point me in the right direction.

It was a colourful puzzle game involving cars, hummers etc... If you can remember the board game othello, it as similar in that respect.

Each level consisted of a themed grid of differing dimensions and shape, which would be scattered with vehicles of varying colours, the goal was to make sets of colours by selecting 2 adjacent vehicles, thus turning the entire row that colour, each level would have its challenges like "get 25 yellow hummers in 2:00" etc....

It was a 2 dimensional cutesy type of game and i can remember one of the levels being a beach theme......

I hope someone can help :)

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I don't know it but why not just look through your purchased list?

It should be there if you're using the same account.

3. Divinitymagic

Divinitymagic Member

Jul 26, 2014
    I had thought of that but alas, its a different account, the first one being closed :-(

To be honest my son is now like "Dad it doesnt matter" - but for me its just bugging, like trying to think of an actor or a song lol.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Is this a match 3 type game or a parking game where you try to unblock your car? How did you move the cars and did the cars have faces?

5. Divinitymagic

Divinitymagic Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Hi there, no it wasnt a parking game and the cars didnt move, they didnt have faces or anything like that.

The level/screen/grid would be filled with car types, say red cars and yellow hummers all randomly mixed. If i click on a red one at an end of a row and then another red anywhere on that row, it would turn all yellow ones in between them red. and the object of the game is to get as many or all you can.

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh so literally like othello. I'll I keep on searching. I was looking under puzzles, maybe it's under board games? Do have any idea of any words that could be in the title? Also was it a free or paid game? Do you think the word car was in the title because all of my searching is based on that.

7. Divinitymagic

Divinitymagic Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Well im the same, my search terms have been "Car,cars,vehicles,puzzle game,matchmaking"

The game was free but i honestly cant recall if the word Car or Cars were in the title.

I do remember now and then an ice cream truck would be on the level, including this in the line would be like a power-up - remember how the Bomberman levels looked? Similar sort of thing.

Man its really bugging me now lol.

Thanks so much for your help :)

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    No problem. However, I'm out of ideas. I was using appcrawlr
    to search. It's cool because you can select different subcategories and different aspects to pin point your search. Good luck!

9. Divinitymagic

Divinitymagic Member

Jul 26, 2014
    thanks buddy i will keep trying :)