★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch

04-26-2017, 02:14 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,804
It's funny that people are praising Zelda for not populating the map. I've been turning off the minimap in every game I could since Assassin's Creed Black Flag. That game is so much better without all the BS Ubisoft litter it with.



Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
04-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,029
I'm assuming you turned the display to pro mode which takes away the map all together. I prefer that mode and can quickly check the time and map if necessary with the touch of one button.

I never played and Assassin's Creed games but have heard the complaint of the open work games that aren't as truly open world and have everything on a map etc... I was debating to open up towers which would show the map of regions but clearly having them is still helpful especially since BOTW does it in my opinion the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
It's funny that people are praising Zelda for not populating the map. I've been turning off the minimap in every game I could since Assassin's Creed Black Flag. That game is so much better without all the BS Ubisoft litter it with.

04-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Awesome. I'll need to try. I opened Lake Tower today and now have that region of the map which blows my mind. I'm glad it doesn't autopopulate the map or I would be disappointed as I still love exploring! However it sure is interesting to have the Great Plateau and now this second region map.
That is a great area, i love the map and how it works. If u zoom in on the map and carefully scan it u can figure out where they may be places of interest i.e look for water, ponds, strange shaped monuments e.t.c i discovered crazy things!
Also try and discover some secrets about waterfalls!
Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Hope u guys ready for some mario kart tmoz!il be looking for u on multiplayer!
Today, 12:53 PM
Mario kart delivered today and it is amazing!!
Today, 01:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
Mario kart delivered today and it is amazing!!
I caved a few minutes ago. I wasn't going to get it yet, because I'm still getting so much mileage out of Zelda, I've not even finished the first Shovel Knight game (loving it), let alone the other two, and I have hardly started The Dragon's Trap (everything I hoped it would be, from what I've played). Also, I don't really like racing games, never have.

But it's Mario Kart! Even people who don't like racing games like Mario Kart (proof: me). Ordered a physical copy, and should be able to pick it up Sunday...

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
Today, 01:33 PM
I hit download on Mario Kart before I left for work this morning. Should be ready to go when I get home. Hoping to get my kids to play this evening. Kinda wish I had an extra pair of Joycons.

I haven't played a Mario Kart since Mario Kart DS so I'm going to be pretty rusty.
Today, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
I caved a few minutes ago. I wasn't going to get it yet, because I'm still getting so much mileage out of Zelda, I've not even finished the first Shovel Knight game (loving it), let alone the other two, and I have hardly started The Dragon's Trap (everything I hoped it would be, from what I've played). Also, I don't really like racing games, never have.

But it's Mario Kart! Even people who don't like racing games like Mario Kart (proof: me). Ordered a physical copy, and should be able to pick it up Sunday...
This! Im not a racing fan either but like u sed its mario!
Today, 05:54 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,029
You all are killing me. I'm not a huge racing fan and only played Mario Kart Wii because a that is what everyone did with the Wii. I didn't love it and thought it was fun but hadn't thought about getting it as I'm tied up playing BOTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
This! Im not a racing fan either but like u sed its mario!