★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games broken by iOS 10.3

Today, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Can someone please explain how Apple is still selling apps that are going to become broken with the next update? Are they planning on continue selling them up until the day of release? How can this not be a class action lawsuit?
They should include an optional add on in iOS 11 to let people play 32 bit apps.
And it's easy to convert 32bit to 64 bit- the Devs are just too lazy.
Today, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Can someone please explain how Apple is still selling apps that are going to become broken with the next update? Are they planning on continue selling them up until the day of release? How can this not be a class action lawsuit?
I assume they will have the iOS 11 beta out shortly after June 5th, when the WWDC event starts. We should learn of new iOS features with the beta.

My guesses:

App Store (on device) will not show apps that are not 64-bit compatible.

App Store (iTunes on PC/Mac) I figure that would be messy if Apple still allowed non-64-bit apps to be bought. They are going to need a warning on the page to say it's not supported on newer iOS. I reckon it would be easier to not allow sales of those apps at all, and they probably don't bring in that much money anyway to the devs and Apple.
Today, 02:22 PM
Imho they'll kill the market... I still can't believe they will drop support for, maybe, 80% of the apps currently on App Store.

Game Center: FiloMJ

My Steam Profile
Today, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiloMJ View Post
Imho they'll kill the market... I still can't believe they will drop support for, maybe, 80% of the apps currently on App Store.
TBF, a good 80% of the App Store is rubbish. It needs a refresh. But they're not getting rid of the right 80%!!! The App Store doesn't need a 32-bit guillotine, it needs curation.

In my huge backlog, I think my only vulnerable game is FF Tactics - but I would be surprised if Square Enix didn't eventually update it. Not that I'm updating from 9.3 anyway. Think I'd rather get a new battery than a new phone at this stage.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
Today, 07:30 PM
I hope the TA staff are going to write more articles on this atrocity.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker