Good News For Developer and Art Lovers: Game Special Effects

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by easygameeffect, Nov 10, 2010.

1. easygameeffect

Nov 10, 2010
    #1 easygameeffect, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Hello everybody ! This time we bring everyone a rather special gift: game specail effect tutorial we elaborately designed!

Even if you do not have art knowledge, just follow our tutorial to learn the special effects, you can create cool and practical game special effects in a short time .From now on, don't worry about not to create beautiful special effects of your game.Wanna to DIY a game special effects ? Following our tutorial,you can design cool and gorgeous special effects in a moment!The game special effects as below are created in a short time with our special effect tutorial!
    They will be released in a few days!

I think we need to make an introduction for everyone:

1: If not have good content and practical features to get started quickly and easily,we will not to sell these special effects as the APP.
    2: The network indeed has a lot of free tutorials, but the output effect is either static picture or the content beyond the game. The effect is not perfect and rather difficult to use in the game in fact.
    3: Our tutorial is a series of special effects, so it classifys sales in sorts.
    4: Upgrading effects is the first released tutorial, so it is relatively simple.And the purpose is to allow developers to familiar with our software.
    4: Our main purpose is to help developers, otherwise we do not create such a APP which face a small range of customers.

[​IMG]Upgrade
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

[​IMG]Transmission
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Enchant
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Atack
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Magic
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Wow, those are some pretty cool graphics. Can't wait to read the tutorials!

3. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Nice. Will take a look when they are released.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    are thoose tutorials for static images? because special effects are usualy animated

5. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    good

Thats great developers help each other. That makes for better games in the future.

6. easygameeffect

Nov 10, 2010
    Uploads some gif picture :D

7. FlagellumDei

FlagellumDei Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Male
    Programmer
    Wow, these effects look really great! For our latest game - iRequiem we did almost all effects in 3D with particle systems I coded.

8. Intruder_qcc

Intruder_qcc Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Senior Analyst-programmer
    St-Hubert (Quebec), Canada
    Ahhhh!!!

With the animated gif we can see where this is going :D and it does look awesome. Really curious on how this whole thing gonna work out since you said you gonna write up some tutorials...

Is it gonna be some CoreAnimation stuff, your own custom SDK/API, or a tools that generate this?

Now stop teasing us and bring in the goods :p

9. This looks like it would have to use a very sophisticated particle engine to create these effects... I'm actually working on my own right now, but some of the things I see here I don't support (yet :) Creating effects like these doesn't sound like it would take a "moment"... you're talking about playing around with positions, velocities, particle lifetimes, texture states, and tweaking it all to make it look nice together.

Agreeing with Intruder_qcc's thoughts, is easygameeffect going to give us a shared library or some sort of tool to create these? Are they something we'll need to integrate into our OpenGL code or is the result just a bunch of images to animate?

Inquiring minds want to know!

10. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    obviously thoose are prerendered sprites.. why do you expect some sort of api if he wants to post an tutorial..?

11. easygameeffect

Nov 10, 2010
    First of all,thanks for everyone supporting!

I am sorry to give a misunderstanding to everyone!This tutorial is intended to design for APP developers.We try to create these special effects on the viewpoints of the developers without art-based .
    And you do not need art base ,only if you take one or two hours to follow our tutorial,you can create a nice game special effects.These effects are not created on the base of APP tool but ParticleIllusion3、Adobe After Effects CS4. “shine”plug-in software. The output image formats can be decided by yourselves.It can be a transparent PNG format,or it can be TGA format with channel. No matter to give the tutorial for youself or your art companion ,both are a good choice. This tutorial will be able to make game pictures much more beautiful!

These effects App have been fininshed, will release on the APP Store one after another ! Please expect!

12. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    Looks amazing, looking forward to the tutorial!

13. easygameeffect

Nov 10, 2010
    Upgrade out now! We hope you like it!

14. touchDev192

touchDev192 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Not what I was expecting! I assumed it would be an online tutorial, not something that we have to buy as an app. Also since these look like they use Particle Illusion, not everyone will have that, or want to buy it... and even if they did get it, im sure there's already lots of tutorials for it that would help with these sort of effects, especially since the program comes with thousands of presets already!

Also the product page states that it contains just 2 different upgrade effects? so we'd be paying $1.99 for just two tutorials?! This just doesn't seem right to me.

15. rmlinden

rmlinden Active Member

Nov 10, 2010
    #15 rmlinden, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    And here an example of how not to market your app.
    Misleading people is bad ... hmkay?
    I understand that there were no indications whatsoever about this being an app or free online content. But it's reasonable to assume that the target audience might would expect this to be free online content.

And then to consider that you are actually trying to sell tutorials for a tool that people probably dont have (at least not legally). The tutorials you are trying to sell are most likely similar to (or copies of) freely available beginner level web tutorials.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tutorials-effects/advanced-glow-effects/

there is so much to find *for free* on the web.

16. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Not what I was expecting either. Meh.

Not what I would have done, but to each their own. These tutorials would have made a bigger impact(and maybe more money) if it was availible for free on a website with some ads to generate cash. It would also give the developer(author?) some good credibility and respect. But thats just the way I would have done it.

17. iSeekFuture

iSeekFuture Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    This is a paid version tutorial, but it's really useful if you are a game developer. It's very detailed and you don't have to be an artist. I'm sure following the directions, you can make the same game effect just look like the tutorials.

18. minyx

minyx Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    1. go to deviant art and look for photoshop brushes
    2. take cool brushes, put them on a layer in photoshop
    3. apply cool layer styles (like glow, shadow, blending, etc)
    4. save as png with alpha channel
    5. put onto textured quad in open gl
    6. rotate/scale/transform
    7. profit

for each step there are dozens of tutorials/docs on the web. have fun.

19. rmlinden

rmlinden Active Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Hi you wouldnt happen to be related to the thread starter now would you? Nah noone would use multiple IDs on a forum in order to fake "reactions" to boost their own interests. A bit tooooo transparant that you are the thread starter or somehow connected.

20. iSeekFuture

iSeekFuture Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I'm a game developer,THX!