iPhone Battle Academy by slitherine Ltd.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Werechihuahua, Mar 14, 2012.

1. PipFromSlitherine

PipFromSlitherine Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    As a Christmas treat, one of the coolest BA mods from Merr and Amaris is now available as an unofficial download, available to all - including iPad players.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=39880

Note that you can copy and paste the link from the post if you open it on your iPad.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Pip

2. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Awesome. Now would be a great time for 50% off the main game.

3. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Where does it show that I've completed the campain and what achievements I accomplished? Thanks!

4. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    Because you can (generally, other than carryover campaigns) complete the missions in any order we don't track whether you have completed a campaign, although the game will by default take you to the next mission you need to complete.

Achievements are shown on the Force Selection screens for each mission, but the next game update adds showing your achivements on the mission selection screen so you can more easily check them out.

Cheers

Pip

5. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Thanks for the reply!

6. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    For those of you show don't follow our forums there are a couple of interesting things.

A new expansion has been announced and we are recruiting beta testers. Operation Husky is go!
    http://www.slitherine.com/games/ba_it

Player moderated D-Day campaign open to new players
    http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=38844

Naval Warfare Mod - battleships, carriers and more
    http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=40351

Battle Academy 2 - East Front has been announced and we're looking for your ideas.
    http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=221

7. Quantus

Aug 9, 2011
    Awesome, can't wait for 50% off sale.

8. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Does BA2 mean I should wait and not get the first? Or will it be some type of adding instead of a new base game?

9. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    You should definitely get BA now. Right now! :)

BA2 is in the early stages of development and will be a new game with a ton of new features and changes. We're going to try and keep people involved in our progress through a new, open development process. Hopefully you will like what you see! But don't expect to see BA2 any time soon, is what I am saying :)

For now, we are aiming to release a number of new expansions for BA this year, with Husky already in beta testing and people seeming to enjoy its new missions and features.

Cheers

Pip

10. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Don't set your hopes on a 50% sale!

As Phil says BA2 is a long way off - hopefully Q4 this year but its too early to say for sure.

11. Quantus

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm going to keep begging until it happens.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just buy it already...unless you'de rather have it on your PC. I first heard of this game through this site. That got me to dl the demo from Matrix, and I was hooked. While it doesn't have dynamic campaigns (and very few games actually pull that off well) or branching campaigns (my favorite war SG of all time is probably PG 2), it had everything else I would want in a WW2 tactical level (err, not tactical level...it's been a long time since I was a hardcore wargamer...whatever is above tactical but below operational and strategic ;)) wargame. It's deep without going overboard, has a great interface, and is just plain fun.

...so I dl'ed the ipad demo after I got one to make sure it played well on this patform, and it does. This is easily a 20 dollar game.

in case you were wondering what my definition of "overboard" is, I would give as examples the remakes of Steel Panthers. maintaining comm lines (if you have C&C turned on), accurate slope values, etc. Just to much to remember.

Oh yeah, this game also has a superb tutorial and a gentle learning curve.

13. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Great, thanks for the reply! That decides it for me then, I will pick it up.

14. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    Cool - good hunting out there :)

Cheers

Pip

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    This looks good, just got the light version and it seems excellent.

I was just about to buy when I read theres iap. o_O

Look, I'm happy to drop £14 for a good solid game but double that again on iap?

Sorry. thats a dealbreaker for me. pity

16. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    There's a ton of content in the full version, enough to keep you tied up for months! Multiplayer s just the icing on the cake. IAP is only for expansion campaigns.

17. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    I went through the exact thought process waaaay back at the beginning of this thread when the game first released. Since then I've come to realize that there is a Huge difference between this type of IAP and all the others (and the negative connotations that come with them). I also now understand the concept of Value, where price has essentially ceased to matter for me as I now only purchase games that I can see having a longer shelf-life than 3 days until the next 99 cent sale of some other clone pops up.

Not that there's anything wrong with having a device full of free/99 cent games, it's just that I've chosen to support/play the games that Really appeal to and draw me in now instead of whatever was on sale/cheap that would kill a few hours.

18. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    The main game includes a tutorial, 3 campaigns of 10 or so missions each, plus a number of special random-type missions and 10 MP missions playable via the PBEM++ system.

The expansions are each a new campaign which includes 8-10 new missions, plus a number of new MP missions using the new units and settings. They are entirely optional.

There is also a ton of free, downloadable user content, much of it downloadable by a single tap via an ingame list. These user missions include single and multiplayer missions from WW1, Pacific, SAS, and Crete campaigns. Some have their own custom scripting and gameplay features.

There is also the ability for users to host their own campaigns which are downloadable directly to your iPad.

Cheers

Pip

19. PatrickJournic

PatrickJournic New Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Photographer
    New York
    Love this game. Playing it on and on.

20. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Pip and others, are quite right. The "IAP" allows you to buy extra scenarios. They are not at all required, and there's a ton of content + free scenarios generated by the community available to you.

If you like the game, it is certainly well worth the money. The PBEM multiplayer is worth the price of admission alone!

:cool:

--DotComCTO