Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi again,

September is closing in on us, any updates on the release date yet?

//Pedroapan
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi Pedroapan!

September is indeed closing in on us! Unfortunately we cannot give you any precise release date yet. I wish we could and be sure that we'll announce it as soon as we can.
We're definitely getting closer to shipping but there's still some work to do in order to deliver the best possible experience. We're currently contacting translators to have as many localised versions of the game as possible for launch, finishing the paperwork to create the company (which will allow us to finalise the Game Center integration we need to have our App Store developer account to use the Game Center developer environment), and polishing a few things that remain on our to-do list. Meeting with banks and writing legal documents isn't the most fun and it takes time that we'd rather spend developing the game. But it's also very important that we do it right.
It's a weird and sometimes frustrating situation to be in. We have a game that looks quite ready when we play together but still we know that there's a ton of little things to take care of before being able to ship it.
Anyway, we'd like to thank you for your patience and interest, it means a lot to us and we really can't wait to put the game in your hands!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

You don't have to meet banks, you can have my dollar (or equivalent tier 1 currency) any day!

Now, get back and finish up this baby! ;-)

Pedroapan
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the update!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Last Thursday of September is coming up, according to my calendar. Should I get excited?

//Pedroapan
Old 09-23-2014, 12:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Haha, your calendar is right!
Unfortunately Kingdoms won’t release on Thursday.
But it will be an exciting week anyway, as we’ll be showcasing the game in the Leftfield Collection at EGX London this weekend!
We hope to get a ton of new players to discover the game and give us meaningful feedback! It will be the first time that we show the AI

Because yes, it's done!!!
It has taken an awful lot of time and hard work, but we finally did it. We have an interesting AI with 3 difficulty levels!
The Hard one deserves its name, as it’s taken me quite some time to figure out how to win! We think that it is a really cool mode and we can’t wait to hear what people think of it.
Here's a gif showing the flow to create a game:

I fought as hard as I could…

There's something really exciting about losing against something you've developed
I'll try to record a video of a game against the AI soon.

Here's what also happened this month:

Gameplay

We've added a new gameplay rule: playing the same tiles your opponent just played now gives him a bonus move!
It avoids stalemate situations and adds a very interesting way to put your opponents in difficult situations. If you really played the best tiles and your opponent has to get them back, you still keep an advantage on your next turn.

Localization

The game is now fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish and we’re waiting for Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic translations any day now. It’s very exciting to see Kingdoms running in so many languages thanks to the hard work of friends and future players!

Paperwork

Definitely not the most fun topic but we’re finally moving forward on this again. We’ve been waiting three weeks for a document from the bank but we got it last thursday!

Next

As soon as we get the paperwork stuff done, we’ll be able to implement Game Center! The last piece of the puzzle
It should be pretty straightforward but I’ll keep you updated anyway!

Cheers!!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks great as usual...can't wait!!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 04:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Lovely! Looks very good as always, thanks for the update!

Keep those gifs coming!

Pedroapan