Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-03-2013, 09:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSp1der View Post
Yes, the crystals regenerate daily. Maybe we should speed up this process. We are aware of the disorientation effect, we will fix it soon.
Thanks for the info, will see later of today how many crystals I can gather in one run.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaysme View Post
Infinite IAP equals scamming, scumbag developers.
I'm okay with unlocks, new levels etc as dlc... But nothing without a limit on how much $ the game takes.

This just happened to bet he thread I broke on... What I said applies to all of the games with expendable IAP.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Slaysme:
You can say that in a more friendly and constructive tone, you know?
Look at the second post on page 1 for an example.
I made my point clear without resorting to insults.

Anyways, the "scumbag" goes too far in my book, and you earned yourself a reporting.

Last edited by Sheinfell; 05-03-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Blacksp1der:
So I tried over the weekend to get the 10k crystals needed for the first mission.
My current estimate is it will take me at least 3 days to get the 10k together.

And I have to say this is absolutely bad gamedesign, and here is why:
1) 3 days just to get past the first real mission? I expect that many players will just quit at the point where they do not have 10k crystals after they farmed all available resources for the first time.
Another reason is that from the short story comment alone it is not clear that the crystals respawn after 24 hours. I can well imagine that players just blame it on a bug or broken design and drop the game when they reach this point.

2) I need to play at your pace, not mine. Example: On weekends I have more time to play, but it takes less than an hour to farm everything available. Now I want to continue but cannot, because your pace tells me to wait a day until I can do so.
Better make it so that crystals respawn everytime you teleport back to the Mothership, allowing players to chose their own pace for the game. The timers for character resurrection are bad enough already (and I wrote before that in my opinion you should get rid of those as well).

3) The goal is much too high for a first mission. Something that is easily achievable within an hour or so is what you should encounter at this point. Players are curious and want to know how the game continues, and you throw a huge roadblock right at the beginning.

Like I wrote before, break it down into several smaller missions (e.g. "explore the cave to the north") and really lower both requirements for that first mission (100 enemies and 2k crystals, maybe).

As interesting as your game looks, at this point it goes back onto the shelf, because the first part turns frustrating very fast after an interesting start.
With me, just only lost a few bucks (for now). But if I am right in my estimate, that most players will quit at this point, you might lose out on much more.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Hi
thank you very much for your advice Sheinfell, we are improving all the points that you say, have explored the three caves? (two south and north 1)

regards
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by D@rkblade View Post
Hi
thank you very much for your advice Sheinfell, we are improving all the points that you say, have explored the three caves? (two south and north 1)
regards
Yup, did that

And really nice to see a dev who is actually willing to listen to critique, especially harsh one.
I see potential in your game, or I wouldn't have bothered with providing feedback.
So, good luck with the improvements, I will stay tuned

And if you don't mind answering a personal question:
This is your first game, right? I was wondering about that, because many of the things I criticised seem to be beginner's mistakes that could easily have been avoided, e.g. by asking some folks here to playtest before release.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:53 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Hi
Sheinfell
no, no is my first game released, I made 17 games
but my first action RPG, yes

look at the new gameplay V1.1

I hope it's to your liking

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC_38XVCXu0&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC_38XVCXu0&feature=youtu.be[/URL]

regards

Last edited by D@rkblade; 05-11-2013 at 11:38 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hi Darkblade,

yes, the video looks good

And I got another question:
I made it to the mission where I need to raise Desgal and another unit to lvl5.
Did that, but now nothing happens. I also searched around, but cannot find where to continue.
Do you have a hint for me what to do next?

And I found a bug:
When I win the mission to destroy the pipes, the resource display (crystals,scales,ivory) on the left disappears. Closing the game completely makes it show up again after restart.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:12 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

The ground/grass textures are just way too big. The characters look like small bugs.