Disgaea for iPhone and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by squarezero, Aug 13, 2010.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #1 squarezero, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    This is another one of those PocketGamer Rumour Miner announcements, so take it with the appropriate grain of salt. Here's the gist:

More info here.

On a personal note, I have it for the PSP and though I can't deny it's a good game, it just didn't click for me -- something about the overall ironic tone, perhaps. I'm sure other folks will be plenty excited, though.

BTW, recent Rumour Miner columns have also mentioned iPhone versions of:

* Devil May Cry
    * Dante's Inferno
    * Suikoden Tactics

For what it's worth, they were right Rage for iPhone/iPad.

2. donner

donner Well-Known Member

Disgaea + FF Tactics would fulfill my SRPG needs for a LONG time.... Let's hope it's true.

3. Disgaea is one of my favorite SRPGs of all time. Shame it's another Rumor Mine article though... >_<

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Disgaea is one of my favorite games of all time so this would be fantastic if it was true. I own all versions and next to the Monster Hunter games it has the most play time out of all my PSP games.

Unfortunately it has been a long time since I've played them since I've kind of played them to death however, I would still get this version just to support the possiblity of future ports. :D

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    If its true...

*Mouth Drops* :eek:

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military

I'm MUCH more interested in Suikoden - actually they could probably port Suikoden 1 and 2 over - they were just Playstation 1 games, and they would both be awesome for the iPhone / iPad... 108 stars FTW...

7. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Disgaea alone could fulfill your SRPG needs for the rest of your life :p.

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    You had my hopes up Square, but as soon as I read 'Pocketgamer Rumor Mine' I pretty much gave up hope.

Still, what an awesome SRPG if it ever did come to the iDevice.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I believe I started the OP with the source ;). Didn't want to mislead anybody.

That said, The Rumor Mine did get the Rage story right, so I think there's a little hope here.

10. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    What he said :D

Still have all the Nippon Ichi games from PS2 and would buy them again in a heartbeat to play on the iphone.

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Not to mention that they did predict that there would be a sequel to Gangstar, although they did get the setting wrong. Close enough, I guess.

That said, I'm hoping that Disgea does get ported. I've never actually played a game from the series before, but I've always wanted to give it a shot, and I think an App Store port would be the perfect time to do so. For that exact reason, I'm hoping that they one day port a Shin Megami Tensei game.

12. dream

dream Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Wow, I involuntarily went "dood?!" when I read this...

13. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    My heart almost stopped when I saw this thread. I'm a bit disappointed it's only a very vague rumor, but hey, I really want to believe it.

I absolutely loved this game every time and everywhere I've played it, and while I agree that the ironic tone of the game can be a bit tiresome, the gameplay mechanics are so deep that it makes for one of my favorite games of all time. Yeah, me too. :)

Here's to hope...

14. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Damn, only a rumor. Was really hoping it was coming. Well here's to continuing to hope!

15. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I think the thread title would be a lot less misleading if you put a question mark at the end. No offense, but the Pocketgamer Rumor Mine isn't much of a source. Now if the Rumor Mine itself had sources for its rumors, that would be great.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Fair enough. Unfortunately, I can't change the title -- only a mod can do so.

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

#17 strivemind, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
    Android release

Disclaimer: This is not news about an iOS release, but it certainly is a step in the right direction.

Mugen Makai Disgaea was just recently released for Android.

It contains only the Item World, which is randomly generated levels within items (if you beat parts of it, it upgrades your item, and unlocks powers for it).

It's currently only available in Japanese, through the GMO Game Center app, but it's FREE, so go ahead and try it out. It works great for me, although I can't understand any of the Japenese.

No news on an iOS version, or even an English version, but it seems Nippon Ichi is certainly aware of the popularity of mobile phone devices, so chances of a release are better than none!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Images resized by 1/2 to fit forums

18. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    It's disappointing it's not the entire game and just the item world, but its a start. I wonder how long it will take them to make the English version for the android? I would imagine it would be at least a year or two if they ever decide to port this to iOS devices. For now, I'll just play the full version on my PSP and DS.

19. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    FFS NIS just get it done.
    Would. Pay. For. This.

or any Disgaea title on the iOS --