App Shopper app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ChrisJT, Dec 19, 2012.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    The new App Store really does suck though. I think it's a bigger debacle than maps to be honest.

2. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    guys be careful the AppShopper app has been very slow in updating its info, shows A LOT of the wrong information, and has also just been very laggy...i used to trust it's accuracy, but now it just told me an app went free, i went on the app store, and i almost just blew 2.99 because i usually dnt check price again after i see it on AppShopper .. sad to say but i might actually delete this ... any alternatives??

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I've actually noticed this too... I get email notifications from the AppShopper website, so that'll have to do for now until AppShopper works things out with Apple..

4. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Yep is pretty laggy with me too, It shows the price changes several hours after they took place. Dont know if it has something to do with it being pulled or the massive sales are somewhat jamming the app but it sure is strange.

AppZapp pro just went free on both their ipad and iphone versions, I checked it out and it seems rather good so it could be an alternative. Its just that im so accustomed to use appshopper that I just wish is something temporary.

5. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Guys, can I confirm that it is just not my "old" device age that is causing the App Store to run and load friggin slowly? It can take up to 10 seconds to just start up, and tbh, is really the only "laggy" experience on a iDevice I have experienced. iPad 2

6. Pandabunny

Pandabunny Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    That sounds really good and exemplary, but if it doesn't work out in the near future for whatever reason you should really write about it and make it public!

7. Grimm560

Grimm560 New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Music Publisher, Inbound Marketing
    New Jersey
    just so you know, you can use the Appshopper website just like the app itself. I went on the site today because I didnt see it on the Appstore after I realized I had completely forgotten to reinstall it once I did the iOS 6 update. According to Appshopper blog, the company is working hard to release a new version that will pass Apple's guidelines and they say it will be better than the first one.

You can log into the site and all of your info, wishlists, and owned games are there. Its better than not having the service at all.

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Well, that's great news! Hope it all goes well.

Yeah, I've been using the website to add games to my wishlist, and I get email notifications for price drops so that's good. Not as good as the app, but good. :p

9. johnlee123

johnlee123 Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Appshopper is a tough one, it give me the news I wanted and no more. I think it is convenient to use here and there. But all the issue on this, due all respect, Apple is the decision-maker.