[GAMEVIL] First Look at HYBRID: Eternal Whisper

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hes72, Jul 15, 2009.

1. hes72

hes72 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    #1 hes72, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    UPDATE:

We are looking for gamers who would like to participate in a Closed Beta Test.

Please visit our website at hybrid.gamevil.com to sign up!

Thank you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][hqyoutube]bJzjX78uT-o[/hqyoutube][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello TAers,

Take a first look of our next game scheduled to hit the App Store this Fall.

HYBRID: Eternal Whisper

It is produced, developed by the same team that made ZENONIA, and is sure to pack a punch.

Please let us know what you think!

There will be more events to come regarding HYBRID: Eternal Whisper, so stay tuned.

- GAMEVIL Inc.

2. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    #2 Pug4Death, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    Hope it comes soon. You should make a Zenonia Online sort of thing afterwards. Could you give us a piece of the storyline?

3. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    What do I think? Instant buy!

To be honest, I'm wondering about the storyline too.

4. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Looks pretty awesome. Also wanna know about the storyline.

5. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    looking forward to this alot. totally different than zenonia but its worth the money by the looks of it.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ahh, but that is the beauty of it to me, with an Endless Mode (which I hope means a Survival Mode and not something like Bejeweled's Endless Mode which really was endless because you could never die), I don't need to bother with a story and can just construct the ultimate killing machine until he/she is finally overcome. :D

7. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I'll be excited to see this plop into the store. This might do better than Zenonia just because it is so different from other RPGs. It will have no competition.

8. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    doesn't seem like an RPG at all. if anything, more of an arcade game with some RPG features in it. you go to each level, fight all the enemies, level up, buy any upgrades, then choose the next stage and do it all over again.

9. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  10. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Wait, so is it like a normal RPG, just with this new combat system? Or does it have more arcadey gameplay overall?

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah, just looks really good. It wont be a killer if it doesn't have as great of a story as Zononia, as the battle should be pretty epic (though I would like to know a bit about the story). Kind of almost looks similar to Linear Motion Battle System (LMBS) like in Tales of Phantasia, only not entirely restricted to 2D movement, and that's not a bad thing since I f*cking loved that game.

12. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    maybe we're looking at different trailers. to me, i just see a fighting game where you can level up at.

13. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    looks visually really nice, but still trying to understand the game play. Is this a side scroller with weapon upgrades?

14. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm really looking foward to this. Zenonia is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, and I'm hoping that this is just as good. Im just curious about the story but knowing what you did with Zenonia I'm not worried.

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Hmm is there supposed to be a picture in the first post? All I see is the "hybrid" logo, and a huge white blank spot in the middle.
    Totally looking forward to this nonetheless, and if it has any similarities to Tales of Symphonia (storyline, music, combat system, or characters), I would buy it for $20 unless Apple wouldn't allow it lolz. The Tales series, especially Tales of Symphonia, has some of the best games ever developed. Gamevil is one of the few developers that roll out quality iPhone games it seems. Off the top of my head I only recognize Gameloft, Gamevil, and the company that made Beatrider, as quality producers so far.

16. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Reminds me of The World Ends with You for DS

17. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    hope the story doesn't suck compared to Zenonia (well it kinda takes itself as a joke). Looks more like a sprite based devil may cry. It looks really flashy, but the sprite animations don't look that great imo.

18. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Now THAT would be cool.

19. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    hmmm also kinda like mana khemia, is this game turn based or real time? Wonder why people don't make turn based rpg's for iphone, touch controls won't really matter that much.

20. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    wow looks neat.

What I guess from the early gamepaly video, I guess it is only a walk & click to fight pure action game, not a RPG... where probably no story at all.