Games for sleep, relaxing and not very challenging

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Mar 23, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am looking for games that are great to play before you go to sleep. Something that is very relaxing, not really challenging, and you don't have to think. Osmosis is good but it can get a little to challenging at times. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #2 cloudpuff, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Kami is one I like to play before sleeping.
    Blek is also a fave for unwinding.

3. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #3 coolpepper43, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Thanks. I just picked up Kami based on your recommendation. I like it but I think I need something a little less challenging. I have really bad insomnia. Has anyone ever fallen asleep while playing a game? Blek looks cool, I will put it on my wish list.
    Watching Eli play Blek makes me sleepy. Eli, you may be the cure to my insomnia. Is this game going to be reviewed?

4. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much cloudpuff for your recommendations. Blek is freaking awesome! I have never seen anything like it in my life. Games like this are only possible on touchscreens. It's truly unique and completely relaxing. Any more suggestions are really appreciated.

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

What helps me is Fairway Solitaire, Disc Zoo, and Zen Bound (1 or 2). When I can't sleep or when I get up in the middle of the night, these seem to help. Good luck.

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Glad you like blek. I also suffer from insomnia, it's awful, so you have my sympathy there.
    I'll have a look through my device and history later today, I used to have a folder with games for relaxing I'll try remember what I had in it.

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Zen Bound for sure. Those games were made for relaxing.

Disco Zoo also is an addiction for me lately. Addicting and not remotely challenging.

8. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    A friend once told me that she plays Coin Dozer to help her sleep. :)

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've just bought a game called kotaro, so far it's relaxing, it's a puzzle type but also peaceful, I'm only at the beginning though so can't say how difficult it gets but might be worth a shot.

10. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Euphloria is pretty great

11. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Super Loud Wake Up Morning Hard Challenge is a great game to pick up :)

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'll check back if I find any. Maybe superbrothers- sword and sworcery, the music is kinda peaceful at times. Although that's my opinion of the game.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    A tower defense is pretty good at this. I often fall asleep while watching a wave go through haha

13. fishbubbles

fishbubbles Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Student
    Gotland, Sweden
    I know this is an old post, but my friends and I are working on a game right now which is specifically designed to help you fall asleep D:

It’s going to be a cozy underwater game where you play as a sea slug who wants to be friends with the fish in the ocean, and it's supposed to be very relaxing and sleep friendly! We are looking for people right now who want to play our game before it is released (it's currently in development phase), so if that sounds interesting please PM me! We are very interested in hearing what you think, as it would really help us :)

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Have you created a thread in the upcoming games forum? That's what you should do. It makes sense to post here of course but giving the game it's own thread will let more people see it.

15. fishbubbles

fishbubbles Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Student
    Gotland, Sweden
    Oh no, I haven't! That's a great idea, thank you :)

16. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I like I Keep Having this Dream as a thing to play last thing at night. It's soothing and not time-bounded, but it requires you to think, so after a few minutes I just think, huh, I could put this down and fall asleep...

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I too have terrible insomnia, so I'm interested in any ideas for apps that can help me nod off! Tried most all of the ones suggested above, and I do like Blek, and Zen Bound is a good one too, for me! Um, I find Zen Koi and Breathe2Relax are good, as well as Baum, Voi, and Pranayama also! I'm definitely willing to try others when presented to my attention! :)

18. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Into the Winds, a relaxing game anyway, also has a zen mode, and is one I keep on the iPad. I see that Flowing is free app of the week on appstore tho' this seems to be just the sounds of flowing water.

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Um, I saw Flowing, and there's a million of those around. Meh. Into the Winds--really not into match 3 type games, though the music alone in that game really does the trick all by itself, I gotta say! # LOL!

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Erm, you are all aware of the blue-light thing, right? That looking at an iPhone or iPad screen actually stimulates the brain and makes it harder for you to sleep? There have been quite a few studies showing that. So a game to help you sleep is actually going to do completely the opposite (unless you have a blue-light filter).

Many's the time when I can't keep my eyes open while reading or watching TV, then think I'll just have a quick blast of Teeny Titans or something before going up to bed. An hour and a half later, I'm still there, staring at the screen...