Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Geno's right-- we designed the game very specifically for touch input, so controller support is unlikely.

BUT, I'm hoping you'll dig the input scheme-- it's what we spent tons of timing tuning and making feel awesome. Your ability on an iPad or iPhone to pull off precision damage shots, shoot off armor and helmets, changing targeting and a bunch more is based on native gestures.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNintendo View Post
YOu've got a suuuper awesome composer!
Thanks, Mike. He's been awesome to work with, and the soundtrack's kicked everything we have visually up a notch. Check out the article about Serj's work on Midnight Star here.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewzrd View Post
Geno's right-- we designed the game very specifically for touch input, so controller support is unlikely.

BUT, I'm hoping you'll dig the input scheme-- it's what we spent tons of timing tuning and making feel awesome. Your ability on an iPad or iPhone to pull off precision damage shots, shoot off armor and helmets, changing targeting and a bunch more is based on native gestures.
yeah i kinda saw that coming. but i really really hate everything that devs call intuitive controls on ios. i dont understand how you can target a core gamer audience when the majority of them will OBVIOUSLY (or may be its just me...) never ever want to play an fps with 1 hand!! so why not simply go the classic way??

Last edited by Lerisbo1192; 03-06-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Um, Boss?

It's hard to see if you don't know the game well, but a few Beta Testers will recognize the deceased form of a Dust Superior crumpled on the left side of this shot.

We've put a lot of work into (and made a lot of noise about) the AI in the game. We've also noticed a bunch of interesting behavior from the characters, given the system we developed. You never really get the same playthrough twice. However, I didn't realize that the characters would make me reconsider my in-game actions. After taking down his boss/pal, I actually felt this Renfield Trooper's confusion and pain. I'm not sure I can continue to callously blow through their forces anymore. I think the Renfields may have feelings... #crisisoffaith

Update: After capturing this moment, I got a headshot on the dude, so he was not available for comment.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:43 PM

Are you guys working on an arena or something of the sort so we can keep playing against the enemies as they do their different animations but don't have to keep playing the storyline to do so?
Old 03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

You've been listening in at the studio, obviously . Yes-- it won't be in the first release, but Midnight Star is designed to be an ongoing content rollout (the first release is Chapter One of the arc). We have an "Endless" mode planned for subsequent releases that's almost exactly what you're talking about.

In the meantime, we will launch with Challenge mode, which will let you compete in multiplayer on the same maps as the storyline, but without a lot of the storyline stuff getting in the way.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewzrd View Post
You've been listening in at the studio, obviously . Yes-- it won't be in the first release, but Midnight Star is designed to be an ongoing content rollout (the first release is Chapter One of the arc). We have an "Endless" mode planned for subsequent releases that's almost exactly what you're talking about.

In the meantime, we will launch with Challenge mode, which will let you compete in multiplayer on the same maps as the storyline, but without a lot of the storyline stuff getting in the way.
Yesssss!! I can not wait for the release of this game! 👍👍👍 how many chapters will release after the first?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks! We haven't decided exactly, but Chapter 2 will be really far along by the time we even release Chapter 1, so there's a bunch coming.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

PS In recognition of (and apology for) the fact that that was a terrible answer, here's a Midnight Star poster our animator David made on Friday.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Holy cow this looks awesome. Super impressed!!