Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Apple advertises it as twice as fast but I don't know for sure.

2. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    You're right but you must consider 2 points:
    1-Games must run on all the devices from 3gs to 5 so they are not optimized well for 4s and 5! Vita has an unique hardware.
    2-Vita games are the first!At the beginning a new console has not the maximum potential!

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Twice as powerful in both the CPU (not important for gaming) and GPU (very important).

And yes declassified looks awful both graphically and in terms of features compared to the $7 MC4 and $5 MC3.

4. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Mc3 is a better game when you look at everything you get with it. A full single player experience (unlike cod declassified which has you do small objectives and fight waves of enemies) 12 player multiplayer on larger maps. Better gameplay overall AND for the price of $5.00/$1.00 instead of paying $50.00 for it.

5. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    The reason iOS gaming doesn't appeal to me is because so much them are just a bite size games... That's what I hated about infinity blade. It's soooo repetitive. I blame lack of budget. Most of gameloft's games are also mediocre... Only game they are actually good with is mc series. Without that, gameloft is pretty much nothing.

6. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Gameplay isn't better. Game is better considering the price. But gameplay, it goes to cod

7. Electrolite82

Electrolite82 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Musician
    Belfast
    You gotta remember,they are bite sized for the most part because they are mobile phone games!I usually play for 10-20 min intervals,if I want a proper session I will play on the Xbox!Gameloft do make some dud games but I like the fact they are trying and have produced some superb games,But that's the same with every game dev,They produce some marvellous games followed by awful ones!!

8. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Anyone know if you can choose to play on lower res on the iPad 3 but with all effects instead of retina with scaled down effects? Like what they did in nova 3?

I missed motion blur and DOF in mc3 :/

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #4169 LOLavi, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Yeah. Lagless on my iPod 4. Until update.

Yeah that seems cool! I doubt it'll be MC2 overpowered like you turn to the guy, but we'll see.

Looked really cool I agree :)

Yeah customization is really varied.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Also, this'll be the best release week I've ever attended! :D MC4, GTA, Minigore!!

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    One youtuber said that the autoḱnifing is more annoying than MC2 nade spam.............

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Found this new guy showing walkthroughs and I'm amazed and worried at the same time now. I'm amazed how HUGE the maps are! Some are like CoD sized! But I'm worried about the 12 players... Kinda big for so little players

Also, it'll take a long while before people will get used to the maps and know the spawns!

13. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Yeah it looks quite good.. I don't know how I feel about shooting button turning into knife button in close range. I like shooting people with shot gun in close range

14. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I don't get it . It looks like mc3 . IMO, not enough to be a sequel.

15. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Which map was it. Was it one with the sniper gameplay?

16. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Graphics aren't much better, but scales is better for sure

17. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    New story, maps, guns, graphics engine, gameplay types, controls... I think that qualifies it as a good sequel... It seems to be an improvement in every way.

18. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    By new controls im referring to being able to leap over ledges and walls. Plus the new knifing mechanic.

19. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Atleast thats just as much as it takes for Activision and Treyarch to come up with a new CoD game every year. and they use the same engine every game.

20. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Shoot turning to knife is a BAD idea.