My App Store reviews NEVER get published?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I have written about 10 reviews on apps / games and have never had a single one of them get published. I don't use bad language or anything, but all of my reviews are always negative - usually because of a nasty IAP system, like the one in Two Dots. I wrote my review of that several days ago and it has not been published. Just like every other review I wrote has never been published.

Is Apple playing games with our reviews?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Mine always get published. Even the negative ones. Don't know what is wrong with your account. Maybe it's flagged.

3. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Can't imagine why it would be.

4. joew

joew Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Producer & Engineer @ Creoterra
    Toronto, Canada
    Quite strange mine have always been published.

5. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Usually you have to wait a few hours that they appear. Another thing is, that Apple divides the app store in to different country divisions. So if you review an app in the US, it won't appear in the UK iTunes store and so on.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep mine have always been published, however they show in the UK app store not anywhere else. I did assume they would be 'worldwide' but just seems to be by region.

I always tend to write a good sized paragraph (or more) as i personally feel small one liners just often say 'fake' to me or 'i'm entering a competition' !

7. orikagan

orikagan Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    i have the same problem. i tried contacting apple and frankly - they have no idea how to fix this. its really, really annoying. i created a whole new account just to post reviews!

8. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I always thought it was because you couldn't see your own reviews #

9. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    Yeah, I don't understand what goes on during their review approval process. I've never had one not post, but I've waited 4 days for one to finally post. No idea why it takes so long (or why it's seemingly random...).

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hmmm... Same here......

11. Xammond

Xammond Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    Could it be that the default sorting order is 'most useful'. That caught me out once, then I sorted by 'newest' and mine was there :)

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think mine stopped getting published after doing a few of those review contests. This really sucks.#

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think it's good if Apple have clamped down on these fake 'this games great!' reviews for 'dry paint simulator' which people leave for a few days just to try and win $5 in a competition.

These fake reviews make a mockery of the App Store

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I know, lol. #
    I did like 3 of them and now I can't praise actual good games. It's sad#

15. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I suspect Apple has a variety of different minded people that will allow most reviews while other's are more critical.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    That has potential, it could be like the original punk movement of Freemium.

17. nazara_tech

nazara_tech Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    project manage
    India
    is the issue solved ? I want to write something good about super mario run but cant write coz rating and reviews were not publishing from today onwards . previously i was able to post reviews .

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I've been banned for years for writing reviews for the contests on here even though I always gave honest reviews not all 5 stars. I've tried to contact them since it's been many years and they still won't lift the ban. Most likely they thought your reviews were fishy and won't publish them anymore