Help with Labyrinth 2, please?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jul 22, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I needed some help with Labyrinth 2. I'm on the level pack "Clever as a Fox" and I'm stuck on Level 2.

I made my way all the way to bottom (finally D: ), hit my checkpoint, then rolled all the way to the left, hit the yellow switch, and then everything in the level stopped moving... and the door in front of the switch closed. Now I can't get out.

What do I have to do, to beat this level? :(

2. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Maybe it would be easier to explain with a picture?

[​IMG]

I started at the top, made my way all the way down, and hit that checkpoint. I rolled towards the left but failed the first couple times, but then finally managed to make my way around the bumper. I rolled over the Yellow switch and everything in the level stopped (cannons, fans), but then the gate closed over me. I'm now stuck in this area, with no conceivable way to get out.

Anyone able to help or give a hint or something? I know the level pack is called "Clever as a Fox", but I genuinely do not see any ways to beat this level now. Do I need to restart it?

3. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    What's the ID of the level pack?

4. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    There is no ID... it's called "Clever as a Fox" and is one of the level packs that came with the game.

5. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    #5 cjsbug, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
    Oh geez... :eek: I need to pay more attention

Checking it out now.

6. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Once the door shut, I couldn't get out of that corner either. There's no mechanism to do reopen it. Looks like the only option is to restart.

The good thing is that door closes slowly, so get in, hit the yellow button, and get the heck out of there! :)

7. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Ooooh.. Okay. I understand now. Thank you very much for the help. I just beat the level :)

8. Perilax

Perilax New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Can someone give me a hint a the last level of clever as a fox ?

9. swaggers

swaggers Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Its a mistake in the game. If you don't get out of there in time you have to restart the level. It just junk level design.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not a mistake, nor is it junk level design. It's there to fool people like you and it obviously worked. Now perhaps you'll learn to approach situations from a different point of view. It's taught you a valuable lesson.

11. swaggers

swaggers Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    The level has a checkpoint. That is where you go back to if you fail. Getting trapped is a fail so I should spawn at checkpoint. That's poor design.

Same with the fact if I get "crushed" I have to manually restart the level myself. That's a fail and I should respawn at a checkpoint if available or auto re-start the level.

So thanks for your condescending post but the only lesson is that your a jerk.

12. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Well to be fair, the level pack is called Clever as a Fox (or maybe that's the level...). You need to be clever as a fox. :D

The trial-and-error bit is what really hits that message home with this level pack/level the topic is about. You need to perform trial-and-error in order to learn from your mistakes and adapt... much like a fox. Being able to just start right back up from a checkpoint completely negates the purpose of that adaptation, in my opinion. Because if you just started off at the checkpoint, you wouldn't learn anything. You wouldn't be saying "Okay, let's not do what I just did". You would be completely fine about it.

Whereas if you restarted the level, you would ingrain the idea that you should not repeat what you just did, and approach the situation in a different manner, completely into your brain... and that helps immensely with getting better at the game. MidianGTX hit the nail right on the head, honestly.