Request: link all reviews/articles to AppShopper

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Adams Immersive, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I almost never read a TA review and buy a game at once (in fact, I’m probably on my laptop, while my iTunes library is at home on the iMac). So the iTunes links aren’t that helpful to me. Plus they force iTunes to load, which is annoying.

But I’m constantly reading a TA review and then going (by hand) to AppShopper. To see more details, check the rating, and most importantly, add it to my Wish List so I remember to buy it later (or wait for a sale).

So I’m always copying and pasting app names from TA articles into the Search function at AppShopper, which is extra steps (especially if I’m on my phone).

The logical progression, for my game buying, is TA > AppShopper > iTunes. And I suspect that helps these sites pay the bills too :)

So a suggestion: make that easy! Every app mentioned should have an AppShopper link as well as the iTunes link. Ideally in the text, since multiple games may be mentioned in one article. But at least in the heading area somewhere.

(And if the AppShopper app could have a custom URL scheme, with the TA site able to send people directly there OR to the site, that would be neat too someday.)

And vice versa, when going through my AppShopper wish list, I often copy and paste a game into Google or TA to find the TA review (if any). If AppShopper could link to relevant TA reviews (and from the Lite version too) that would be awesome. I know each game has multiple articles sometimes, so maybe just linking to a list of all of them would be doable?

Anyway... thanks for two great sites! I’d love to use them together more easily.

2. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    That would not be something the Admins or mods can just implement. You would have to have all the TA users who start the threads and provide the links, to add the AppShoppper Link as well. And you also have to keep in mind that not everyone thinks like you, and uses the same applications as you. Some may go toucharcade>itunes>appshopper or something to that effect. Your request will need to be accepted by every member of TA who posts threads on new games.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Actually, AppShopper is already integrated with these forums! Look for the little AS shopping-bag icon next to the iTunes icon, beneath game postings.

But I'm not talking about the forums; I'm talking about TA's own articles on the main site. I should have made that clearer.

4. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    I agree I'm the same way if we could get a link on front page articles it would be much appreciated.

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    thanks for the ideas. we should do more cross integration.

arn

6. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    ok what did jobs do with arn? These short little responses here and there are very job-esque...