Games similar to galaxy on fire

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Primoz, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #1 Primoz, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    So, Im looking for games that are similar to Galaxy on fire 1/2. Basically, a space trading-action game. Oh and and tell me about any upcoming games too (like the Drifter).

Thanks!

Space trading sim action games:
    - Galaxy on fire 1&2
    - Vendetta online (iPad only)
    - Dangerous
    - Galactic Phantasy
    - No gravity

Upcoming:
    - Drifter

Removed from the AppStore:
    - Acheron Prime
    - Flatspace

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Vendetta Online
    Dangerous / Dangerous HD

Anyone know whatever happened to Acheron Prime?

3. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    It seems the company folded, at least thats what I read on the main thread so the game cant even be downloaded from purchase history now. Its sad because it was a rather nice space sim/rpg combo with some deep mechanics.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #4 Royce, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    Yeah that was me who posted that :p

I was just hoping someone might have new info. Like maybe it was going to be rereleased by the dev's new company or he sold the rights and another publisher would release it. Oh well I guess it's lost to the ages. I think I have it on my old broken iPad still. Maybe I can transfer it to iTunes so I can play it again.

Edit:
    Also, back on topic. Wasn't there a space combat game with trading where the action was 2D rather than 3D? I feel like it was something I meant to try but never did...

5. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    There's the Galactic Phantasy series. I've only tried Galactic Phantasy Prelude and it was really good in my opinion.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    No Gravity is an oldie but a goodie.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have Flatspace, which might be the one you're talking about. It should have been a fantastic game, but it was very buggy, the publisher disappeared and the game was pulled from the app store. I'm waiting for Drifter ATM, which I guess will cover all my "space trader" gaming needs :D

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks for the replies and all the suggestions!

Galactic phantasy and Acheron prime look really good... Too bad the last of the two isn't on the AppStore anymore, hopefully I can get the .ipa file somewhere (sorry dev).

I downloaded No gravity Lite, but the physics are kinda weird... I'm also wondering if the game is free-roam or not...

Vendetta online is iPad only and I don't have an iPad :/

And I'm eagerly waiting for Drifter too, mainly because the planets aren't just drawn on the skybox.

I compiled a list in the OP, and if anyone remembers any other game, then I'd be very thankful if you let us know about it.

9. Phaserlight

Phaserlight Member

May 28, 2012
    "Vendetta online is iPad only and I don't have an iPad :/"

It's also out for Mac OS, Windows, Android, WinRT, Ouya... it's a truly device agnostic game.

They just don't have a iPhone port, yet. Saying it's "iPad only" may be a little misleading. You can play the same character regardless of whether you're on an iPad, Macintosh laptop, Kindle fire, etc. etc., switching as you go.

10. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Try Unknown, yes.. It's actually called that and is the daddy of all space trading games.