Eliminate RIPOFF !!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JamesDean69, Dec 31, 2009.

1. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Eliminate is a GREAT game. But Cmon. Can we ALL finally be honest here and call a spade a spade? This game is such a ripoff. Yes, OKAY, we all know, if you want to play for free, you can. But how lame is that. 4 quick matches every 4 to 6 hours. And wow i can play unlimited but not earn credits to upgrade my weapons? SO lame. The whole fun in this game is upgrading your stuff. Its like playing an RPG but not earning experience points or being able to level up and get new armor and swords. Who would do that? The truth is if you want to actually play this game for an extended amount of time and have fun, you HAVE to pay. And again, this game is really cool. And herein lies the problem. If you want to keep playing this fun game its 12 "power cells" to recharge. The prices for these "power Cells" which is bullshit code for ripoff, are ridiculous. Its 120 power cells ($12) to get 1000 credits to upgrade your weapons. 1000 credits maybe lets you boost your damage and rate of fire once each if you have upgraded it once or twice already. Are you kidding? $12 to upgrade 2 to 3 parts of 1 weapon? If u dont upgrade you get matched up with others who are several levels above you and if they have shelled out the dough probably have much stronger weapons and armor. So you are at a big disadvantage. Ngmoco is robbing people blind and making a fortune on this game. this game will wind up costing WAY more than a regular $65 Xbox game. Lets here it folks, who agrees? or does everyone really think this game is fun playing without energy or waiting for your energy to recharge. If we dont speak up other developers are gonna do the same thing. They already have with these "Free-mium games" like Skies of Glory. More BS.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Whoa, never thought of that before.

3. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Wall of text. D:

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You play too much. Buy NOVA, play that hardcore and play Eliminate casually.

...or just get NOVA and forget Eliminate like everyone else did.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    E-lim-in-ate...? Sorry, I only speak Nova :D

6. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Just out of curiosity, can you level up in NOVA?

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't have a clue :)

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    No. And there's only one leaderboard, which is the amount of kills you have :rolleyes:

9. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Hahahaha.

10. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Good point Derek. Gonna just play NOVA. Such a shame tho cause its a good game. Just such a Rip.

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Exactly! Good post.

12. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Sound advice. That is probably the only way to discourage the dlc business model.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    @JamesDean69. I see your point but TBH it's not that serious. I play free. I do it in spurts. I don't get burned out doing so; Therefore I enjoy. ;)

To each it's own i guess. :rolleyes:

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #14 iphoneprogrammer, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    i never got all the hype of Eliminate anyways....but i fully 100% agree with everything you said......f**k Ngmoco and their poncy schemes and SGN and their deliberate bullshit prices.....i wanna find the head of SGN and Ngmocos money making sections and punch them so hard in the ovaries/balls that they cannot create demon spawn. And as far as other companies DLC i only support minigore and pocket god DLC cause its a fair price and you get IMO the most for your money.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #15 backtothis, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    I don't know but um...did you just get an iPod/iPhone? Or do you usually hibernate in autumn?

And also maybe you didn't know, because you appear to be that clueless, but it's always your decision to endorse in these "ripoff freemium" games. The developers have spent countless hours on their product and they have the right of choice to market them in any way. I hate both eliminate and skies of glory/FAST but im just saying..it's your choice always and like before stated, there's other choices.

16. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    No, but you at least have a story mode and a one-time payment. The multiplayer is just the icing on the cake.

17. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Another bitchfest waaay beyond the curve

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I too am very angry over a free game with completely optional in-game purchases. Maybe I will post on an internet forum.

19. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    LOL. Gotta love the sarcasm.

20. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Yeah I agree 100 percent. This is a very simlilar to the asian style online gaming approach where you can play an MMO for free and then have to pay for all the equipment and stuff. When NGMOCO announced that eliminate was going to be free I was ecstatic but now I think lesser of NGMOCO because of this model.

I would have expected this from all those iphone text MMO games mafia wars started but seeing Ngmoco charge 30 dollars for energy cells is kind of disappointed because they're a talented studio that could do so much better than that. Now they just kind of fell off the radar to me because I didn't care for their last 2 games.