[PAID] - Freelance 2D Artist in London, UK

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by nkostelnik, May 4, 2011.

1. nkostelnik

nkostelnik New Member

May 4, 2011
    A little bit about me, the company and the role:

My parent company, Forward in London, UK affords it’s employees 20 days innovation leave per year to incubate new ideas and explore new business territory. I started a project to explore what drives addictiveness in mobile games and after some success I have now been awarded a large chunk of time and a grant to create a series of mobile games and to make them profitable.

I have a very prominent iPhone game prototype that has been well tested and it has received some very good feedback. It is now at the stage where it requires more creative input and so I am now in search of a freelance 2D artist to work at our London office who is willing to be my partner in game design and produce artwork for this and other future titles.

Your daily duties in London might include:

• Working very closely in a small team (you & me).
    • Collaborating to set the artistic style of the games.
    • Creating all concept art.
    • Creating all in-game assets (menu’s, characters, environments).
    • Really getting involved, taking ownership and contributing to game designs.
    • Creating and helping prototype new ideas and mechanics.
    • Creating art outside of the game for websites, posters, adverts.
    • Helping direct any temporary staff in the style and feel of the game design.

I’ve jotted down some qualities that an ideal candidate might have:

• Your a freelancer, so you’ve probably been round the block a few times or you know your awesome and are not afraid to prove it! You’ve got some really good stuff that relates to the task at hand and can show it off as a portfolio.
    • You’ve got no problem generalizing and you regularly leap into 3D software, Photoshop, Illustrator or can sketch concept art with pencil and paper, whatever gets the job done to your perfectionist standards.
    • You’re not afraid of trying new approaches but you also know when to call it quits and get the job done.
    • You’re super passionate, your a perfectionist and your proud of your work. You love being awesome and work very hard to make sure your stuff is a cut above everything else.
    • You love working with other people, you inspire yourself and other’s around you and you can run with and improve other people’s ideas.
    • You’ve probably had a few game ideas, maybe even published a few, you understand how to critique and what ‘makes’ games and can demonstrate it.
    • Last but not least, you love games, creating and playing them. You’ve chocked up an unhealthy number of hours playing a particular game at some point in your life and you remember what inspired you to get into games in the first place.

If your reading this and thinking ‘wow thats me!’ send me a pm or leave a message, i’d love to talk to you!

2. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I've sent you a PM.

3. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    PM sent

4. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Just one post from the O.P.?
    Could you please come back and tell us if the position has been filled.
    Thank you.