Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
So this game is worth the 0.99? How does this compare to They Need To Be Fed's 360 mechanic?
It's very different. There's no real sense of gravity in this. You always jump in a straight line perpendicular to the surface you're standing on. You continue in a straight line until you hit something, at which point you'll land on it or bounce off depending on the object you hit abd the angle you hit it at.

I'd say I'm getting my dollar's worth, although it's frustrating not to be able to see enemies on the platform you're standing on, especially when they randomly change direction.

One question for the dev - the virtual buttons appear about 1/3rd of the way up the screen if you choose that control scheme on iPhone 4S - is that deliberate?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
One question for the dev - the virtual buttons appear about 1/3rd of the way up the screen if you choose that control scheme on iPhone 4S - is that deliberate?
Yes. We didn't want to move the HUD elements which are at the bottom of the screen. Also, having the buttons a little higher makes them more comfortable to use with your thumbs. At least my thumbs get sore easily if I have to bend them all the way to the bottom of the screen. If they don't feel right you might want to try the default controls which should be quite responsive now that you can swipe up to jump. I like to use one thumb to move, and the other to swipe up to jump.

I'm aware that the camera isn't optimal for seeing enemies walking on the same planet the player is on. It's a tight crop for sure but that's because you have to be able to see where you're jumping at. The camera is more forgiving on the iPad. I'll look into moving the camera further back because this issue bothers me a bit too, to be honest.

Gravity-based effects can be found about halfway into the game.

Glad you feel the game is worth your money
Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Thanks - having played with it for a while, I agree it's more comfortable with them higher up. It doesn't cramp my hands in the same way as some other iOS games.

I definitely like the swipe to jump too though. I think my ideal control scheme would be swipe to jump and pressing with both thumbs instantly zooms out, though I suspect if I tried it I'd actually find myself zooming out way too often!

I've just reached the first level with the gravity effects too - starting to get tougher now!

I have noticed one minor bug with the button controls - occasionally after being teleported back to a checkpoint the button overlay disappears. I have to pause and unpause to get it back. Not sure if there's something I do occasionally that causes it, or if it's random.

Last edited by mr_bez; 04-30-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
I have noticed one minor bug with the button controls - occasionally after being teleported back to a checkpoint the button overlay disappears. I have to pause and unpause to get it back. Not sure if there's something I do occasionally that causes it, or if it's random.
That's strange. I'll look into this bug, thanks for reporting it
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Really - no one else is biting on this? I found it a bit slow to get going but really enjoying it. Part way through the final batch of levels at the moment and the challenge has really ramped up.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default 1.2 Update

We've just published our 1.2 update. Should go live any minute now.

You can now teleport on demand by tapping with two fingers when hit or flying. This increases the pacing of the game even further. Also: new title screen!

@mr_bez We've tweaked the iPhone camera and hopefully fixed the virtual button issue you reported. Let me know if it still shows up…

Hope you like the update!