Kairosoft's NEW GAME Coming Soon (the maker of Game Dev Story)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bdragonst, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    #1 Bdragonst, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    Upcoming Kairosoft games (names might be different when it's out on US AppStore, or some might never come out)

Official Kairosoft iPhone Website
    http://kairopark.jp/iphone/

Grand Prix Story - out on Android store

Game Shop Story - out on Japanese Appstore

[​IMG]

Manga Dojo Story - out on Japanese Appstore

[​IMG]

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Meh. Doesn't look as fun as Game Dev or Hot Springs Story. I was hoping for an amusement park one.

3. Waiting for The Game Dealer.

4. Bdragonst

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    I played the Game Dealer one, it was one of their worst one. It's like they developed the game in hurry.

5. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

Seems kinda like a mix of HSS and GDS (more towards HSS). The Game Dealer doesn't look particularly interesting to me TBH but I'll probably be getting it anyway, considering it's from Kairosoft.

6. Bdragonst

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    #6 Bdragonst, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

They got the system of expanding land and placing rooms(buildings) from HSS..

Little Spoiler Warning:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I just read Japanese review. It said the school can be developed into many different types and combination. For example, you can make a school with excellent sport teams, one with excellent academics, school with bunch of couples, or whatever lol.

7. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Well it looks good to me. I didnt like GDS. I did however loved HSS. It was the building,expanding, and the upgrading that I really loved. So I'm onboard for this one looks good.:D

8. phazer89

Yep, more towards HSS. Hope it's even more in-depth than HSS. :D

I liked GDS but I liked HSS even more for the same reasons as you, and playing HSS made me interested in sim-building games again. Before that I think my last similar game was probably Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Zoo Tycoon ages ago.

9. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

couldn't resist another Kairosoft game :) I'll leave my impression after I've played around with it a while.

[​IMG]

10. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You speak japanese? :confused:

11. nicodemus82

only a little. I'm still learning but I've been playing Japanese games for years so I find it easy enough to understand what to do :)

12. Cool, looking forward to seeing what the game's all about.

I'm Japanese and would try it out too, but my Japanese iTunes account has been out of balance for about a year now. :/

13. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    cool. Lookin foward to the impressions. :cool:

14. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I remember seeing an article somewhere with a list of all of Kairosoft's games. Are there any on the Japanese App Store that aren't translated yet, or have only GDS and HSS been ported so far?

15. nicodemus82

@Dazarath, the game dealer one and this new one are the only other two games they have on the Japanese appstore.

also, the game dealer game is not as in depth as the other games which is probably why it's a lot cheaper too.

here's some screenshots I took. not that far into it yet but I'm enjoying it. it's a lot more like HSS than GDS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see you have quite a large space to build on. much bigger than in HSS.
    I'll try to explain what the colours represent.
    Gray = the building/school.
    Yellow = ground/path.
    Green = grass/trees/flowers.
    Blue = water.
    Red = the entrance.
    Purple = classroom.

16. phazer89

Huge space to build on as you said. It looks even bigger than HSS even if you can't upgrade? Can you create an all girls high school or something? :p

17. Bdragonst

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    #17 Bdragonst, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    I just noticed it's on front page now :eek:

It's #2 on Japanese appstore and the ratings are great so far.. so I think it's well made just like GDS and HSS

18. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I'll be getting this when it comes out. I loved GDS and really liked HSS. I would have preferred the game been closer to GDS but I'm sure I'll like it anyway.

19. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    So, anybody wanna take a guess as to when it hits the US appstore? Probably next month.

20. phazer89

Both HSS and GDS took 3 months to be localized, so I expect this will probably be the same, unfortunately... Hopefully they know they're popular and release it sooner! :D