Don't Shoot the Puppy -- A mobile port of the popular flash game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Unsigned, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Unsigned

Unsigned Member

Jul 24, 2015
    #1 Unsigned, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    I've been a lurker here for a while but I figured now that I have something to show off, I might as well make an account and give the forums some love.

We might be a bit late to the party but we sure can be the life of it. I'm happy to see recognition of the game already across platforms. Now that it is pending release it's only fair that things are updated.

Since the beginning of development I have been updating a Unity Forum thread with tons of juicy detail and if you want to give that a look I'll leave a link here. Also for news, here is the IndieDB page.

[​IMG]

If you're the type that needs a tl;dr or just all your information in one place, I've got you covered.

Summary of the forum page:

1. There are 30 public levels currently. This will probably be increased in the future.
    2. The game has a full achievement system with 23 separate achievements
    3. The game will release as free with no microtransactions
    4. Ads appear every four deaths. They can be skipped after 5 seconds. While play testing I thought this was reasonable and non-intrusive. If you shoot four puppies you deserve an ad anyway.
    5. Checkpoints are every 10 levels and unlock previous levels up to that point.

If you want some background, here is some official text from the game page:

Given all things go well, Don't Shoot the Puppy will release as an app on iOS and Android phones + tablets. This will most likely happen within the month. Later tablets and then possibly expanding to more platforms with more levels.

Make sure to give some love to the original developer of Don't Shoot the Puppy as well whose game I am porting from. Here is a link to the page.

All in all, I'm super excited for the release and I can't wait to show you more non-puppy-killing action in the future. Sorry for the block of text. In the mean time, here is a happy sign.

[​IMG]

2. P14y3r

P14y3r Well-Known Member

May 17, 2015
    US
    Looks cool, can't wait:)

3. Unsigned

Unsigned Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Thanks!

Almost forgot the trailer. It was just something I made for fun a little while ago but it might as well be included with the media. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH57fRe3oZo.