Is Chaos Rings just some arena grind?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Scaramoosh, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I was hoping for some exploration but a couple of hours in and it still doesn't feel like a world.

Just port me FF7 already so I can be happy. That felt like a journey but, Chaos Rings feels like a sub par mobile game.

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Are you just some idiot?

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wrong section and do you also the the (awesome) story?
    Perhaps just YOU are the one who is doing anything but grinding?
    It's a condensed game, but I think, that's one of his advantages.
    Concentrated but fantastic story with a lot of interesting changes...

But anyway, wrong section :)

4. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    There may be grind but very moderate like FF7, you concentrate finishing the story first, at least 1 out of 5 couple. and wrong section

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    #5 Fruho, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    That's not fair. Just because you love the game doesn't mean he cant dislike it. It seems that everytime someone says something negative about this game, they get flamed--on the main chaos rings thread, you flamed aurora just because he found a few faults with this game. Chaos rings is not perfect, and just because you like it doesn't mean others have to. Stop flaming

6. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    83 posts and still don't understand how this forum works?!

7. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Shut up. That's Been stated 3 times already it doesn't help at all to say it again

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    #8 sizzlakalonji, Apr 23, 2010
    That's not fair.
    Yes it is. He's not a newbie here. He has over 100 posts. He put a provocative title out there that received what it intended...provoking. He also put it in the wrong section.

Just because you love the game doesn't mean he dislikes it.
    I don't know how to respond to this, since it makes no sense at all.

It seems that everytime someone says something negative about this game, they get flamed
    No, they get disagreed with. The vast majority opinion both on this forum and elsewhere are overwhelmingly positive. Saying you disagree with someone isn't flaming them. Calling them an idiot is...however, for the reason I noted above, I stand by my statement.

on the main chaos rings thread, you flamed aurora just because he found a few faults with this game.
    I didn't flame aurora. I simply pointed out that the VAST majority of his posts are negative in nature. I invite you and anyone else to check his posts. You may notice that he didn't disagree with this point by the way.

Chaos rings is not perfect, and just because you like it doesn't mean others have to.
    I never said it was. I don't give a rat's ass whether other people like it. However, calling it an "arena grind" that looks like a "sub par mobile game" is so out of the realm of reality that it begs a response.

Stop flaming
    Stop whining.

9. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Oh look, a mod wannabe, make the world a better place would you?

10. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    1. He was not trying to "provoke" anything-he was asking a question, a very legitimate question if you haven't played through much of the game, because at the beginning of Chaos Rings it does seem a bit repetitive. He was asking if this repetitiveness continues throughout the game, and there is no need to flame him about that.
    2. He obviously posted in the wrong thread-and it's clearly a mistake. No need to get your panties in a bunch for that.
    3. Agreed that disagreeing is not flaming-but thats really not whats happening on the forum, if you look at it closely. Some people (like you) are insulting, denying, and revoking any negative points on this game, in a vehement manner that definitely qualifies as unnecessary flaming.
    4. While Aurora's posts tend to be negative, his post on Chaos Rings was fine; read the exact quote: "the game is still very impressive for an iPhone title, and is the #1 or #2 RPG title for this platform, definitely worth the price tag for its production value." He also pointed out some very legitimate problems with the game. It was a perfectly acceptable review-yet you accused him of "hating" the game while saying that "the vast majority of people disagree with you". Speak for yourself.
    5. Maybe to you it's not an arena grind-but to the OP it obviously is! His opinion, and you don't have the place to negate that and automatically say its wrong-maybe he just does not enjoy the game! Chaos Rings being an "arena grind" is very much in his "realm of reality", and you have to respect that

BTW, I joined your TAAP group :D

11. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    No, you're just a moron who repeats something that has already been said, in an attempt to fit in.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Fruho, I understand your point, and I appreciate your attempt to cool things down, but that OP was a classic troll move. You can tell by the way he inserted the words "sub-par mobile game," which in this forum is like throwing chum at sharks. In any event, that opinion could just as easily been posted in the main game thread -- no need to start a new one, except to draw attention to himself (which is what all trolls want, after all).

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure Gameloft would appreciate their employees participating in flame wars :rolleyes:

14. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I was typing on my Iphone and must of clicked on the wrong forum by mistake. A little screen it's hard to see sometimes when you're out and about. However I don't want to carry on with this game if it doesn't open up into a proper world. Right now it just feels too gamey and I don't feel part of a world like I did with FF 7,8 and 9 (the only FF games I've played) and I was hoping this game would be similar.

So does it stay like this throughout or does it expand? Just bored of it right now. The story isn't very interesting and the characters are too Japanese generic anime like.

15. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Chaos Rings is perfect, and anyone who doesn't like it probably enjoys running through their own farts.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's fair enough -- the SE/Media.Vision took a different approach to this game and it's not what you expected. But couldn't you have just posted that opinion on the main game thread? Why did you need to start a new one?

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Because his provoking behaviour would go unnoticed.
    To open a new thread means to get alot more attention.

I don't know why the OP always refers to the Final Fantasy series.
    CR is NO Final Fantasy game and has nothing to do with it.
    An exclusive FF title for the iDevices is currently in developement.
    Maybe he will enjoy that more.

CR is a different approach to RPGs and I like that.
    Not every RPG has to be open world with all the classic RPG stuff in it.
    CR has this feeling of being lost in a strange place and I love it for that.
    Some of the greatest RPGs are playing in a closed area, like Ultima Underworld, Dungeon Master, Neverwinter Nights and quite some more.
    I am impressed by the mixed feelings that the Ark Arena causes.

18. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Oh wow. No, just no. Just because the vast majority of this forum like the same game (despite many not even having the game, but just go along to fit in), it doesn't mean that every member must enjoy it too. Everybody has different tastes, deal with it.

I understand what Fruho is saying, and totally stand by him with every point.

19. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Wait, so because he's trying to sort things out, it means that he wants to be a mod wannabe? Good members like to sort things out, not people who'd like to be moderators.

Being a moderator isn't anything special. It just gives you a new online reputation and takes up your time to control a forum. NoSuperMan however takes care of this very well, so I respect him.

20. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    #20 MrSpud, Apr 23, 2010
    Sorry, I'm not very good with children, I don't want to fit in with the vast majority of 13 years old here, that would be weird and innapropriate. I did not insult you or called you a moron nor did I tell you to shut up, please try to calm down and respect others.

edit:
    Good members don't call others moron.