Breaking Bad.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Sep 10, 2013.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

This deserves its own thread.

Only three episodes left and it's looking like this show might end spectacularly. The tension is so palpably high, all the narrative loose ends have been woven together expertly and we are currently barreling to a big finish.

For fans of the show, check out AMC for behind the scenes video and podcasts.
    http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/video
    http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/insider-podcast-season-5/

All I have to say about the ending to the last episode is this (SPOILERS obviously)

http://i.imgur.com/Ti0e5R1.gif

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm going to sorely miss Breaking Bad. I really do think it's been the best drama (or dramedy) series I've ever watched. Both the acting and writing is incredible.

And yeah, I don't think I've ever been as tensed up as I was at the end of the last episode. Holy crap. I can't wait until next week to see who's still around. Intense is an understatement.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I recorded this Sunday at a watch party.

4. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #4 Platyrrhine, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    I can't imagine that I'll ever be as excited for a TV show as I have been for Breaking Bad. I had never seen the video of Bryan Cranston reading Ozymandias, and I never thought of the similarities between the show and the poem. It's pretty brilliant, and it's very well done.

I can't wait to find out what happens, but at the same time I know I'll be very disappointed when it's all over.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm starting to think that the inevitable conclusion to the series isn't Walt dying, but rather, Walt losing everyone and everything he cares about. He's so family motivated, that their deaths as a result of his actions would arguably be a greater consequence to this all than his own death.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Watching these the day after they come out on UK Netflix. Sooo good.

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yup, the desert imagery is similar as well.

In fact, the name of the next episode is titled "Ozymandias". Rian Johnson (Fly, Looper) is directing it.

8. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I've heard rumors of a Saul spin-off. If that happens that could get me as excited as BB to be quite honest.

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You got THAT right, man! Couldn't agree more! Gonna be SO bummed to come to the realization that there won't be any more shows to watch! I just don't want it to end! Too bad fans can't vote and push them to make more seasons somehow!

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  11. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
  12. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Joey

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Just got fully caught up today. Man. This has been my favorite show by far. It's sad to see it ending. Only 3 more episodes...

15. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    How has this thread not been bumped today?!

It felt as if I watched this episode with my heart in my hand the entire way through. The acting... the twists... the unexpected (yet somewhat expected) outcomes. Game of Thrones and its storyline twists all felt sudden, while the gradual ramp up in twists in BB seem so well constructed in comparison. What a ride it's been... my oh my.

16. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    As a huge GoT fan, that's exactly what I felt like during last night's episode with some of the events. Numerous times. I'm not ready for my Sunday night's to feel so empty.

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This was one of the greatest episodes of television ever made. It makes the Red Wedding look like a joke, because this dealt with characters you've known/ cared about for YEARS. Walt breaking up with his family is a million times worse than the Starks getting killed. I only felt bad for Arya cause I like her character.

Here's some audience reactions I took at the Angelika theatre in Dallas.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

18. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Pretty dull reactions... :p I was expecting more screams/shouts/etc, lol

My wife went bonkers during the
    knife scene and I couldn't believe my eyes when Hank got shot.

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I agree that this latest Breaking episode transcends the best of Game of Thrones, the TV show. In fact, my best comparison is that it is on the level of the A Song of Ice and Fire books at their best. Really great stuff!

20. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Great excerpts from a couple of articles I went through:

"As a show about a 50-year-old science teacher with cancer, who turns to a life of cooking meth, Breaking Bad may have been the worst idea ever for a television show. But Vince Gilligan crafted a pilot that grabbed you by the collar and demanded your attention. Over the course of five roller-coaster seasons, the show never really let go. Now as it’s on the verge of delivering an ending that’s surprising, inevitable, and wholly earned, Breaking Bad seems poised to become something else.

The Best. Show. Ever. And maybe too, one of the most important.

"The worst-case scenario doesn't even cover it. Call it the Walt-case scenario.

Gomez dies. Hank is executed in front of Walt as Walt begs for a reprieve. Laughing Nazi sociopaths loot Walt's money. Walt betrays Jesse, hands him over to be tortured and killed, and reveals that he knowingly let the love of Jesse’s life die for good measure. Marie and Skyler tell Flynn the truth about his father. Jesse is consigned to a life of torture and slavery under the watch of an emotionless child-killer, with the lives of his ex-girlfriend and her little boy in the balance. Flynn finds out his Uncle Hank is dead, then is forced to break up a knife fight between his mother and father and call 911 to report Walt for domestic abuse and murder. Walt kidnaps Holly. Walt calls Skyler to lambaste her for her disrespect, call her a bitch, tell her and Flynn and Marie that Hank is dead at his bidding, tell them they'll never see him again."