Universal Crazy Taxi - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iBaloney

iBaloney New Member

May 19, 2009
    So at what time is this app being release?

2. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    There are three main games that I liked on Dreamcast...

• Gauntlet Legends
    • Phantasy Star Online
    • Crazy Taxi

Echoing what was stated before, there's something special about Crazy Taxi game. I look at most driving games and think... I have a real car. With Crazy Taxi, it's technically a driving game... but I actually enjoyed it!

I remember playing this in the arcades... and I remember the drive home afterward. It's simply not the same thing. If I drove like I did in Crazy Taxi, I'd probably be arrested. That's why I enjoy Crazy Taxi. It's fun fantasy!

Normally I wait for discounts or sales before buying iOS games/apps. Not this time. On 10/11/12 I will play again!

3. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Does it have Retina display on iPad 3?

4. Trautman

Trautman Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Fukuoka, Japan
    Crazy Taxi isn't yet released in Japan. Isn't Sega Japanese company?

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Touchgen gave it 3 out of 5 stars. I'm still picking this up regardless. I've spent so much of my allowance on this game when I was younger.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Ontopic:

Crazy Taxi is solid. I just wish SEGA would finally announce Skies of Arcadia or at least Shenmue for iOS/Android and then I could finally stop bitching about them that they only are porting the Medicore Games and not the Hardcore Once...

Offtopic:

Shenmue I + Shenmue II
    Sega Rally
    Skies of Arcadia

And a few other that I did pretty much loved too from the first Moment I did put the Disc into my Dreamcast:

Grandia 2
    Ready to Rumble Boxing
    Samba de Amigo
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica
    ChuChu Rocket!
    Soulcalibur
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    The House of the Dead 2
    Jet Set Radio

7. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    hmm, the touchgen rev mentions that the port is a nearly flawless version of the dreamcast even including its "hokey" physics (which is seen as a negative). Ermmm, I would have used the phrase "fun physics" myself. This ain't a driving sim. The physics are supposed to be crazy and ridiculous. Sorta sounds like the reviewer isn't a big fan of the original...

8. kaB00M

kaB00M Well-Known Member

Don't regret. What else is new?
    Sega and almost Japanese major publishers scorn Japanese users.
    Higher price, unreleased, not localized....are routine.:mad:

9. I am really disappointed at the fact that whenever I try to start a game on my iPod, the game crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME!! Waste of 6.50 until bug fix comes out

10. Da7master

Da7master Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Just played a few runs with my favourite character ( B.D. Joe) on my iPhone 4. It's playable, just some case of sloppy framerate and pop-in. The touch controls are pretty good, very responsive. I've appreciated the possibility to play your own music and the gamecenter integration for the score leaderboard.
    IMHO is a 4/5
    Good Job Sega

11. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Just bought it...aaand it's awesome!
    Totally recommended.

I own the upright arcade and i have to say that this is an almost perfect porting, the graphic is also better than the original on Naomi systems and on iOS it looks more smooth...the only difference i'm finding (but trust me, it's not an issue) is that the speed is more higher, sometimes the feeling is that my eyes are not able to focus perfectly what is happening around the car but maybe it's because the size of the screen compared to a 21" arcade monitor...
    Anyway, along with Virtua Tennis this is a must buy for every hardcore SEGA fans, now i hope to see if someone inside the great "S" will have the great idea
    to convert OUTRUN 2 SP for our little device...That game is still able to make me spend more than some hours every week on my cabinet!

COMING NEXT...JET SET RADIO...can't wait!!!

12. iBaloney

iBaloney New Member

May 19, 2009
    To all you guys that have it already, are you on the east coast or what?

13. Yeah, Sega did a good job on virtua tennis especially on the new ipad. If crazy taxi is a good port then, then I gotta get it too. And can't wait for jet set radio, that was one of my favorite games on the xbox. I hope it is great too.

14. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Crazy Taxi now, Jet Set Radio soon. Sega is quickly releasing my most favorite dreamcast games.

Now if we can just get my last 2 favorite games. Shenmu and Seaman. Seaman would be an easy game to make for the iPhone and you could easily use the phone speaker to talk to Seaman.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Between the Touch Gen review and the reported crashing on the iPod Touch 4G, I'm starting to be a little more on the fence on this one -- particularly since I'm on a 3GS.

Hmmm...will await more reports, particularly if anyone is playing on a 3GS.

16. Panzer dragon was sega too right? I hope that game comes on ios. That game would work well with tilt and touch to shoot. Would be cool.

17. Trautman

Trautman Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Fukuoka, Japan
    I think so too...:(

18. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Again. iPad 3. Retina display support?

Anyone?

19. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Bought and am playing on my iPod Touch 5G. Perfect! No studded with framerate and just great!

Not sure about iPhone 5, but it's not full screen on the 5G.