Dev needed (Shared Profit)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Demonskunk, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Demonskunk

Demonskunk Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I'm looking for a dev to work with me on a dungeon crawler like game
    It is somewhat of an action RPG with a very zelda-like feel.
    The main gist of the game is that you play a minion of some great monster lord, and are tasked with going out to find more loot for his horde.

My idea for the gameplay is simple, using a virtual joystick to move, and virtual buttons to perform actions like Attacking, using items, etc. A very minimalist UI, but functional.

The player will collect items, weapons, and armor that will increase their ability, instead of leveling up.

I'd like for there to be multiple monsters to choose a character from, and multiple classes to make for multiple playthroughs.

If you're interested, please send me an E-mail to [email protected], or leave a comment on the forum.

Thanks

2. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I loves me some dungeon crawlers, and I'm working on one right now!

So, out of curiosity, what do you bring to the table here? Fully fleshed out game design document ready to code? Artwork (Pixel Art, illustrations, 3-D models, textures, etc)? Music, Sound Effects? Marketing? Fill us in. If the answers are good enough I or someone else may be interested in working with you. ;)

3. Demonskunk

Sep 29, 2009
    I just have an idea right now o3o I'm very new to this, but I didn't wanna get too far into it without support.

I'm a design guy, and I'll handle most if not all of the art myself. it'll be all 2d sprite work.
    I have a music guy pretty much on call, sound effects are a little iffy. and define "Marketing"

4. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Well, you probably missed out on the many threads that say ideas alone are worthless. They're pretty much right on target. However, it appears you have a useful skill to bring to a project... Pixel Art is my favorite video game art :D

Would you be interested in sharing a sample or two of your sprite capabilities? I'd like to know what you are capable of, because great art attracts eyeballs. Even if we don't end up working on a project, I could hire you to do some spritework for me if I like what you've got ;)

Oh, and Marketing is that dirty word that everyone pretends they don't need in the App Store, until they release their "Coolest Game EVAR!!1!!one!" and nobody buys it. Usually blanketing websites, blogs, forums, podcasts, even magazines, newspaper and possibly TV. I've learned a few things over the past year in the store, and made some good friends and contacts in interesting places...

Please do post some samples, it'll really boost your chances of getting this project off the ground, and possibly getting paid work on the side to boot!

5. Demonskunk

Sep 29, 2009
    Most of the work I've done in the past was intended for RPGmaker XP use, but it's still rather high quality (Much higher than any of the ported cellphone game graphics I've seen, anyway) I'll link some..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/706590/
    http://www.furaffinity.net/view/650157/

These are all I could find o3o but I've done... lots. They were for a game project that never got finished because I'd sorta bitten off more than I could chew (by myself no less) and because with the switch to mac came an inability to use the program I was making it in.

*edit* I have a near obsessive attention to detail :x

6. Would love to help. I am a dev and UI layout designer. PM me if interested

7. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Ahh see, those sprites are very nicely drawn, and it immediately got you some attention from another developer (be sure to find out what games he has completed) while I was sleeping :D

Anyway if it doesn't work out maybe I can give you a hand after my next game is done! :)