Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 09-14-2009, 11:06 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Jailbreak transfer of music

Does jailbreaking your ipod touch allow you to transfer music from your ipod touch to your computer?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshn View Post
Does jailbreaking your ipod touch allow you to transfer music from your ipod touch to your computer?
How do you get the music onto your iPod touch in the first place, without using the iTunes app?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
How do you get the music onto your iPod touch in the first place, without using the iTunes app?
It's music off my home desktop which is 200 miles away from me
Old 09-14-2009, 12:19 PM

Yeah, I thought this would be easy too. I bought a new macbook and thought all my songs would transfer from my iphone to the new computer when I synced. This is the way syncing operates on Palm anyway.....if you don't have it on the computer it puts it there. Uh, no. Instead I guess I get a crash course in how to network a Vista notebook with a Snow Leopard Macbook. Sounds like a blast.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:42 PM

IMToo:
http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-computer-transfer.html

Quote:
As an iPod transfer and iPod backup software between iPod and PC for iPod users, ImTOO iPod Computer Transfer helps you transfer iPod music, video and photo to computer local disk and backup iPod to computer.
I have used this, works great.
---------------------------------------------------------
Also, I just did a test to SSH into my iPhone to see what the files look like.
Go here:
/private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/
There are a bunch of folders that contain mp3 files (F0,F1,F2..). However, their names are things like ABDF.mp3, FGEH.mp3. So the files have been renamed and are stored with encrypted names. But, the songs work fine and iTune has the correct info when you drag them in. So you can do it manually without software, but your file names will be wacky. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited by nickels; 09-14-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

what nickels said. File names don't affect the song information though, so iTunes can reorganize all that just fine. copying a ton of music over SSH must take a while though...
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I swear, to hear the Apple devotees at work talk, this new laptop was going to do everything but mow my lawn. So far, not so much. I know, I know, I'd be having the same problem with my music if it were a new Windows laptop.....
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Does jailbreaking your ipod touch allow you to [URL="http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-transfer-and-copy-music-songs-from-ipod-to-pc.html"]transfer music from your ipod touch to your computer[/URL]?
When the iPod is plugged in, click on the little iPod icon in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (or select Preferences > iPod > Music).
This will open a window with a series of check-boxes. Select "Manually manage songs and playlists."
From now on (unless you change this setting) iTunes will will NOT automatically load or erase any tracks when you plug in your iPod. You'll have to do this stuff by dragging and dropping tracks or playlists. So all your music on the iPod should be safe when you reformat your computer.

Last edited by rossetti84; 05-26-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Install iFile if you haven't already, then you can find the music in var/mobile/media/itunes_control/music
Just zip up the folders and email them to yourself
Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 PM

Default Easiest Solution Ever

Quote:
Whether jb or not, get yourselfs iTools. Free software, you will need to add the music to your itunes library but don't need to have it launched. Plus there is much more you can do with this program, such as mirror your ipod. =D Totally free, highly utilitarian and functional. Plug your ipod in and launch iTools and you can import and export directly from there. Enjoy