Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Hi, I for one is not a big fan of the 'asian' style (so I never got into any of the pokemon games etc), but if you look at many of the big hit games, 'cute' art not very far from yours seems to be the best way to attrackt the masses.

I dont think the problem is the art, but (as mentioned), it looks so much like hundreds of other games. Do I need to try another game with 'simple controlls to swipe to attack the enemies ? ' no, I dont. So for me (and this is just me), I never even bother download free games, as I know they are filled with IAP crap, and I would not buy your game even for a dollar, just because it looks like a gametype I dont enjoy much (and have tried quite some variations of)
Old 11-11-2013, 06:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackdavi_Studios View Post
Yeah. By improving your keywords in searches, especially being more broad in languages as you say, you should be more visible in searches.

You would also be surprised what changes to a name & description may do also.
A quick example of the search engine -
A search of your game shows that as Jade Ninja its a solo display(Good) but when ninja is put in search, well I stopped counting at 100 (Bad) See what these other games are using as keywords to help distinguish yourself from the pack maybe? example, searching for ninja assassins only 9 games come up. (better)

Your App description looks good, but maybe add some review comments also?

I hope this helps a bit.
We will try to optimize and localize the search keywords. Although I don't know if it can be effective or not, at least, it's a good direction. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expleo View Post
Hi, I for one is not a big fan of the 'asian' style (so I never got into any of the pokemon games etc), but if you look at many of the big hit games, 'cute' art not very far from yours seems to be the best way to attrackt the masses.

I dont think the problem is the art, but (as mentioned), it looks so much like hundreds of other games. Do I need to try another game with 'simple controlls to swipe to attack the enemies ? ' no, I dont. So for me (and this is just me), I never even bother download free games, as I know they are filled with IAP crap, and I would not buy your game even for a dollar, just because it looks like a gametype I dont enjoy much (and have tried quite some variations of)
I see your points. Much appreciated for your input. As for Jade Ninja, we didn't mean to appeal to mass markets, however, we might choose an inappropriate art style and gameplay for our target audience. For our next game title, we will work harder to stand out from the crowds.