Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:30 AM
HutchPete HutchPete is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Hey Guys,

We’re aware that the specialty stuff needs more explanation; currently Speed specialists have the > sign and ^ is a jump specialist. An upcoming update will feature clearer indications of how to create and maintain jump and speed trucks.

In the mean time, if you want to create specialists I’ve listed the best trucks to start with. Then like Sweetdiss suggested, you need to focus on increasing speed and acceleration stats to create a speed specialist and jump and landings stats for a jump specialist.
Class B

Speed specialist
Motlen Sportsback

Jump specialist
Blok Hopper X
MAG Compact

Class A

Speed
Molten Speedback
Zoltan Z1 Rage

Jump
Blok Fatboy
MAG Compact RS

You can create specialists with the other trucks; it just involves a few more focused upgrades.

When you preview the upgrades it shows you if your speciality is changing.

Creating a specialist is optional, so don't worry if you don't have one. Hope this helps, and really excited to see people enjoying the game so far. Keep your eyes out for futures updates…. ☺
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Ballagh Ballagh is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14
Default

Are some races impossible until you upgrade a certain thing? Because I'm racing for 3rd in class B, and the race is considered normal difficulty, but even when I have a nearly a perfect race, the other guy always edges me. Typically, if a race has normal difficulty, I can win with a lot of errors..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM
orangecan orangecan is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 417
Default

I'm getting a lot of slowdown and crashing on the touch 5g, anyone else getting anything? Seems to happen after I've played about 4 or 5 races usually and then it just becomes impossible to time anything and I lose a race and a ticket.

I've been enjoying it but the crashing seems to be getting worse (I've rebooted and I'm latest iOS)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-08-2014, 07:38 PM
sweetdiss sweetdiss is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballagh View Post
Are some races impossible until you upgrade a certain thing? Because I'm racing for 3rd in class B, and the race is considered normal difficulty, but even when I have a nearly a perfect race, the other guy always edges me. Typically, if a race has normal difficulty, I can win with a lot of errors..
Same here. "Normal" seems to be more like "Brutal" in B class.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-09-2014, 03:09 AM
Jay@Hutch's Avatar
Jay@Hutch Jay@Hutch is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballagh View Post
Are some races impossible until you upgrade a certain thing? Because I'm racing for 3rd in class B, and the race is considered normal difficulty, but even when I have a nearly a perfect race, the other guy always edges me. Typically, if a race has normal difficulty, I can win with a lot of errors..
Thanks for the feedback folks, I have passed this on and the design team are looking into it.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-09-2014, 03:16 AM
Jay@Hutch's Avatar
Jay@Hutch Jay@Hutch is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
I'm getting a lot of slowdown and crashing on the touch 5g, anyone else getting anything? Seems to happen after I've played about 4 or 5 races usually and then it just becomes impossible to time anything and I lose a race and a ticket.

I've been enjoying it but the crashing seems to be getting worse (I've rebooted and I'm latest iOS)
Sorry you are having performance issues, we are currently investigating memory issues on lower end devices and hope to improve it for the next release. If you close down the app fully (via the home screen button) and then reopen does the problem go away again for a few races?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
orangecan orangecan is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@Hutch View Post
Sorry you are having performance issues, we are currently investigating memory issues on lower end devices and hope to improve it for the next release. If you close down the app fully (via the home screen button) and then reopen does the problem go away again for a few races?
Cheers for that, yep if I do that then it does go away for a bit then come back
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Bluejunco Bluejunco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Default

This is definilty a game worth downloading.
I'm not into monster trucks but this game is fun
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Ballagh Ballagh is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14
Default

Is there a timeline for multiplayer update, and class X trucks?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Jay@Hutch's Avatar
Jay@Hutch Jay@Hutch is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballagh View Post
Is there a timeline for multiplayer update, and class X trucks?
I can't give you a date just yet but the team are super busy working on both currently (as well as optimisations, tweaks and bug fixes to the current build). Both are looking promising and as soon as I can ill share info about them
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent