Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games) Beta Testers Needed!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by XperimentalZ, Jun 30, 2013.

?

How Much Would You Pay For Pixel Boat Rush?

1. I'll pay 3.99$ or more!

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. I'll pay 2.99$!

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. I'll pay 1.99$!

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. I'll pay 0.99$!

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. I'd like to play it as a Freemium game

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  6. I'm not sure yet if I'll buy it, I'll see.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Won't Buy: the game should deliver more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Won't Buy: not my type of game

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Man, the new mechanic is totally great..the speed of the racing is by far tripled..the tweaks y'all have made in the little things are great.. the shield graphics are cool.. this is gong to be a great racing game and I hope everyone loves it. Will finish it off tomorrow before the update for the minor text bugs and can't wait to see the last class..was mailing y'all earlier about progression but think it is dialing in as it gets harder..fun stuff.

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Glad you love it! Hope the others feel the same :). With the new system, the difficulty curve is even more responsive to the AI, which means that the difficulty can easily be tweaked up, or down. Will make adjustments if that's necessary.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    After beating the first event the dialogue repeated itself.

4. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The new build with fixes is now available. It fixes crash issues, conversations issues, quick link issue and other minor things.

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #265 oscar123967, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    All the bugs seem to be gone.

Have you guys thought about:
    -When dying you restock up on some ammo
    -Some sort of indication that you got the boost on the countdown (a "whoosh" sound or some speed particles)
    -adding more intuitive warning signs. The curent ones seem a bit gimmicky & out of placement. It just seems odd that they're part of the level instead of the HUD. Not sure how you guys have built the game, so this maybe be some sort of unreal request.

6. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Good idea, I just implemented a little something. I'll have to think about the other points. You still like the new stick mechanic?

7. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Oh it really just vamped up the gameplay. It made it much easier to play, which is a good thing. Everything just feels more fast paced, smooth, solid. Seriously, whoever thought about the mechanic is a genius. I hope you guys stick with the mechanic (no pun intended)

Its a bit hard to explain. The game before felt a little "floaty" and unbalanced. Now it just feels... Well as I mentioned before, solid!

I'll admit, I did stop testing the game the last week and a half or so. Just because a few anticipated games were launched and also because I felt that I left enough feedback for class C and B. I'll finish up class A this weekend though & I'll leave some more feedback.

8. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Awesome!

Yeah it's a long beta, it's hard to keep people aboard for a long period, especially with all those new games coming up all the time. Having a lot of content to test probably plays against us in this case. It probably was a good idea to split the beta in several waves with new people in each ones.

9. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    We're having a look at cloud saving. What's the usual gamers preferences? That it's done automatically in the background? Or that there's some sort of options?

10. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I think it would be best to have it as an option, like how Battleheart Legacy has it. It prevents people from overwriting their progress.

11. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #271 XperimentalZ, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    They have a sort of manual 'upload' and 'download' saves? They don't offer automated process at all?

12. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah no automated just manual uploads and downloads. There have been tons of people who have had bad experiences with automated syncs including myself lol. Many websites (especially toucharcade) emphasized how much they loved how Mika Mobile handled the cloud saves.

13. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Ok, here's what we'll try to do: Having a few profiles which will each correspond to a player name and a save game. For each file, the user will have to manually upload or download a file. We'll try to include the game progression % in the upload/download info (so the player knows what is going over what), if that's doable.

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    That sounds good, but I mean it would also be fine to just have the manual cloud upload/download in the options menu & just dip the whole profile slots idea. Don't really see a point in adding profile slots considering there is no alternative way to complete the game/there no reason to restart the game. It'll probably less work and as effective.

15. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah, no promise we'll do it, it would just be a little extra which would fit the context and could be enjoyed when there's more than one people playing on a single device.

16. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Ahh I see. I remember my nephew would always want to play PvZ on my ipad. Luckily it had the whole profile system so he was lucky enough to have his own play through. So yeah I guess it'll be a good addition for family devices and such.

17. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Freshly mint new track! Arctic Point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Ok thats definitely my new favorite. So purtty :0

19. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    There's a showcase event right now on reddit where people can go ask questions to dev about their games for 24h. Lots of devs showed-up, which is cool. We're using this occasion to update our promo assets. Sooo...here's the link to 3 of the game tunes!

Tune 1

Tune 2

Tune 3

20. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Just finished updating assets on the first page. Here's a couple of gifs I just made. The new stick mechanic is well represented on the second one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]