Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Agree reviews should be
    Minigore 2 :5 stars maybe 0.5 off for the crash bug
    GoB: 3.5 for the art ....

2. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Looks like TA had to save their 5 stars for the next endless runner

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Mc4 campaign gets 4 stars...easily 5

4. Yeah, I think it did deserve a better rating, but with their decision to screw over early adopters, it is bad karma.

5. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    3 and a half? I guess it is opinion, but I am playing this game so much and I am still loving it. It deserved much better.

6. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Yes, it bears much replay value if you are into this genre. MS basically improved their core game in almost every aspect. Of course it is more of the same, but delivered in a much nicer package. I don't regret my purchase at all.

7. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    It's also hilarious that Rovio puts out the basically same exact game over and over with Angry Birds and gets 5 star reviews every time, but Minigore 2 improves upon nearly every aspect of the original and gets a 3.5.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I give Minigore2 4/5, and God of Blades 4/5 as well.

The Minigore 2 review by TA doesnt make sense, just as the God of Blades review did. Minigore 2 got all the high praises, and the ending that says it's more of the same, and it got a 3.5.

Sure it's pretty much the same, but the slight improvements and the fun gameplay (even if it's the same) deserves at least a 4.

Then again, reviews are all opinion.

9. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    I think the fact that they focused on Zombies this time around made the game look more like fishing for attention to the reviewers. Everybody adds Zombies to sell more copies. Its a stupid trend, really.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Finally got my 5th gen, gonna install this on it tonight! Woop woop!

11. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Except mini gore was always about beasts and ghouls or monsters

12. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    God of Blades is more of a movie than it is a game. It's gorgeous, but it is bland in terms of gameplay, even compared to other runners. You can't give a game a 5 star rating that has fantastic presentation and lackluster gameplay, and I think a solid 4 star rating is appropriate for that title. Minigore 2 I haven't been able to put down AND has excellent presentation. There difference between the two ratings is astounding.

13. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I owned Minigore. Than M2:Z released. I was interested bud did not buy it. Then came that .99 sale so I bough it. Then it has god reviewed by TA.

Some of you were annoyed by that sale. I'm really glad we've got sale and NOT because of money but because I don't know if I'd buy it after this review from TA. Great timing with that sale :) for me it's 5star game.

14. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    TA's review was "interesting" to say the least. They failed to mention how much gameplay this game will give you for 1.99 (now .99) if you grind out all the upgrades. I emplore the TA staff writing that review to put 1 hour into Minigore 2 and then try and play minigore 1. Their review would go up by at least 1 star because there has been a huge improvement.

@Jouni Do you ever see an endless mode being implemented with leaderboards. And do you ever see us getting the classic minigore 1 map back, or is that out of the question because of all the new textures?

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Congrats on getting a 5th gen touch! Now get crackin on those near unplayable gems!

16. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    #956 Mrwubbs, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    Ok, the only reason this game has so many hours of play time is because they took a relatively shallow game and stretched it out to give the illusion of progression. It takes a ridiculously long time to max everything out and once you do, it's not significant enough to be worth the trouble. Since there are no leaderboards ( which is absurd for this type of game) and only one achievement, the game becomes completely pointless once you acquire these upgrades. You cant even complete damn in game missions because they are fatally bugged to the point that you can get stuck on them. The game is fun, but feels unfinished. After waiting so long for it, I was honestly expecting better presentation. Gameplay:superb presentation:lacking. Without some serious updates, there is no way the game deserves 5 stars. So please quit crying about the review it received. If you love the game, why do you give a damn what ANYONE says about it? As for you guys bitching about the 99 cent sale, you make me sick. Sorry but its true. It's A FREAKING DOLLAR. You are the same people who talk about how great the game is and defend it from a 3 and a half star review (which isn't even bad mind you) and you are in a bitch fit frenzy because you gave an extra dollar to the developers? Are you insane? I bought all the iap in the game because I couldn't stand the grind anymore, but also because I want to support the game and hopefully see it get some much needed updates. With tax included I spent over 20 bucks on the game and guess what? Even with all the aforementioned flaws I don't regret a f!cking dime. I played the goddam game for well over 20 hours. I spent less time on 60 dollar console games. Please people stop this madness!!!

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    1) This game has so many hours of play time because it is fun.
    2) It takes a ridiculously long time to max everything out because Mountain Sheep wants to ensure replay value. Maxing out the weapons comes with time, and not an unreasonable amount since the game is, again, fun.
    3) It's your choice to spend an extra 20 dollars on a game because you are 'annoyed with the grind.' Grind doesn't apply when a game is (there's that word again) fun. From where I come from, it's just called playing the game.
    4) The game is enjoyable regardless of leaderboards or achievements. People have become so obsessed with what they can prove to everyone else with what they can do with high scores that they lose sight of playing the game for themselves.
    5) The presentation isn't lacking, and if the gameplay is superb, what are you complaining about?
    6) The review for this game is inaccurate. Period. Would you trust a review that uses the word 'customizability?' In fact, I personally feel the game could be seen as a 5 star game, but the point I was making had to do with this game in comparison to other examples that received 5 stars that don't play half as well as Minigore 2. And I give a damn about the review the same way you gave a damn typing your post.
    7) The bugs in the game will be worked out. You have to have a little patience. A watched pot never boils.
    8) You're telling others to stop the madness, but your post seems to be one of the angrier ones I've read, and I've read all 100 pages of this thread.

Thank you, Drive Thru.

18. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I hear you on the things you pointed out,but it seems as though you ignored the positive things I said about the game and its developers. I said that despite the fact that I was sick of the grind I spent the money on purpose to support them. I also defended them on the price drop, but again, it seemingly flew right over your head.

I'll drive through when you give me my change.

19. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Loving hardcore mode, it would be cool if you added other activate-able modes, like melee only, or a timed mode.

Also it would be awesome if each character could deal more damage with its default weapon, like John with the machine gun or Jenny with the sheep launcher, as it it would make characters more unique :)

20. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I think you make perfectly valid points that are obscured by your tone, nothing more.