Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. aurorajorealis

aurorajorealis Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Artist Liaison @Superbrothers
    Toronto
    To find the Dark moon triagon: In the room with the gigantic tree, go into sworcery mode and shake the iPad.

If you are still wondering what to do from there: Use the glowing bits in the tree to pull the tree apart

2. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    There is a known bug at this stage. If you are standing directly against the gate, you will not be able to activate the next part. Stand back a step or two then go into sworcery mode then move the sun to the top of the scepter If you dont know what to do after this point: hold both birds and move them together like a Mad Mag fold-in

3. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Please don't read if you haven't finished

Aaaaarrrrgh!!! I haven't gotten stuck until reaching the top of the mountain at the end. The Gogolithic mass catches me every time after I strike the third stone because he continues moving during the brief cut scene. The Scythian can't be moved during this time, so I'm caught every time before the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen disappear. Please, I need help!

4. Capy_Nathan

Capy_Nathan Well-Known Member

How are you moving? If you press & hold you travel faster than double-tapping. That might get you more space.

5. JarvisJackrabbit

Mar 10, 2011
    That is how I'm moving. All I can figure is that I am freezing him at the wrong moments. Each time I walk to one of the Trigon stones I enter sworcery mode and turn the Gogo white before swinging the sword, thinking that this should buy me some time, but I still get grabbed. I really do feel like there is plenty of space until after striking the third stone because he keeps moving while I am standing still. I adore this game. I might have to start gifting it to random iPad users because I've exhausted the list of people I know. This will certainly change when the iPhone version is released. Thenk you!

6. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    At that stage, I find that just running around keeps me further ahead than using sworcery to freeze the Gogo. I only used the freezing trick to open the gate.

7. tiglionabbit

tiglionabbit New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I finished the game, and now I can't stop thinking about it. I wonder if it'd be at all different if I played it again? For example, what would have happened if I'd slain the grizzled boor? He leads you to the rock concert at the end of session 3, so I'd imagine that would happen differently.

In the final session, I talked to Logfella and it said: "The woodsman known as Logfella was feeling some serious woe about the missing girl. We told Logfella that we knew where she might be & soon we would set things right. He looked at the nearby pedestal & he thanked us in advance for the whole martyrdom thing." Meanwhile she has a megatome update, "Where am I? What happened? The last thing I remember I was dream-walking in the woods when I saw an eerie pink light" which I would assume is the light of the bright moon trigon or the associated sprites. I returned to the underwater island, but there was nothing there besides the nice music. Oh well. She shows up in the ending anyway so maybe I'm just going the wrong way with this.

While I was re-exploring near the end, I talked to Jim Guthrie in the dream world and he asked me to sit down and listen to a song. I was able to play along by tapping the trees. That was pretty cool. He said he'd put on a concert in a fortnight, though I wonder if he was talking about the one I'd already attended.

Oh btw, I found a bug. If you go to the dream world, then quit to home, then resume the game some time later and it drops you to the title screen instead of the screen you were on before (I'm not sure why this happens. Maybe the app gets swapped out of memory?) then go to to the cabin, you'll see the waking up sequence and wake up. Kind of annoying if you were trying to set up a time paradox because you have to go back and do it again.

Oh, and if you need help with the final sequence, which can be rather frustrating, here's how I did it. First I ran to the gold trigon pedestal and slashed it. Then I ran to the right and slashed the dark moon pedestal. Then I sang a song of sworcery and froze the demon. He appears to slow down as he approaches you, and even more so if you begin singing, so don't panic. As soon as you've tapped his head, you can swiftly end your song by double-tapping yourself -- don't worry, he'll still get frozen in a moment. I ran past him to the bright moon trigon, sang once again and froze him to give myself plenty of time for that final hesitation. After I slashed the trigon, I darted down the stairs to get some distance, and then I had to sing once again so I could run through the dealthless spectre and raise my sword on the top of the cliff. Good luck!

8. Bgd

Bgd Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Bright moon

I have tried everything and cannot figure out the bright moon trigon. Guitar guy dies nothing. Nothing on the mountain summit. I already got the dark moon trigon. I'm so confused. Please help!

9. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Is there a way to get into the Moon Grotto if you don't kill the bear? I'd really like an answer...

I'm stuck at 95%. =(

10. keyofnight

keyofnight New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    This is all spoiler, so I'm going to white it all out: I called the "transmission" phone number "4086342800" and got another transmission "04052011" which likely means April 5th, 2011. After the numbers, however, it sounds like the person is saying "return"…"return"—What does this mean? This lead me to believe it was an IP address or something. I also tried playing with the superbrothers blog dates. Is this just a plug for their April release of the iPhone version of sworcery?

11. JarvisJackrabbit

Mar 10, 2011
    Thanks Jorie, that did the trick! Awesome, awesome, awesome game.

12. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    For the bright moon triagon: find all 5 bright moon sprites on side b, then cross the water on side b where the owls were, where the text comes up saying "believe . That will take you to a secret island, where you can trigger the miracle.

13. Bgd

Bgd Member

Mar 28, 2011
    There are no sprites under the bright moon for me. I got them under the dark moon but nothing under the bright. Is there only one set? I'm starting to think my game glitched on me and I have to start over.

14. JarvisJackrabbit

Mar 10, 2011
    It would be amazing if there was a possibility of achieving an alternate ending, for instance, if one was actually to wait the entire lunar month to complete the game.

15. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #35 Rasterico, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    I'm having the same problem, just got the dark moon trigon and am struggling to find out what to do next, logfella said in an earlier message that the last 2 trigons are in the dream realm so I know I have to be on side B to progress, I've been there and can't find what I'm supposed to be doing though? I've been to the clearing with the guy playing the guitar and eaten a mushroom, this makes a sprite appear that isn't there normally and I can see 4 or 5 light patches that obviously have some significance but tapping or swiping them doesn't seem to do anything? Please help as I've been wandering round aimlessly for hours now!

16. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    #36 thekellen, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    SPOILERS:
    It sounds like when you use the mushroom, you see a bright beam of light aiming toward the sky. Correct? If so, it means you are in the right place at the wrong time. You can fix this by waiting, cheating, or creating a time paradox to get a full moon. If it's a full moon, you will not need a mushroom to see the sprites.

Another possibility is that you created a time paradox for a nearly full moon rather than a complete full moon. Go back to the moon grotto and just double check that the moon is completely full before moving on. Or, if you are using the cheating method, try a different date maybe. Or use the waiting method. I hope one of these works for you.

If you use the cheating method you only get 99% clear instead of 100% when you finish.

17. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Twitter?!

I finished the game with a 100% but I am still wondering one thing:
    During the errand you are constantly reminded that the outcome of the game also depends on social networks/twitter. I don't have a twitter account (and I am not planning to use Twitter) so I did not tweet any quotes from the game... therefore I am wondering if the use of twitter may change the game in any way? Or is this only a clever marketing strategy? :)

Any info on that?

18. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I asked the dev about that. It makes no difference to the plot/outcome.

19. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This was exactly what I had done! Damn me and trying to rush to get to the next bit, didn't realise there was a nearly full moon in the grotto as well as a totally full moon, revisited with a full moon and sure enough there were the sprites! Thanks for helping, I feel stupid now for rushing this part!

20. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Hah, I did that exact same thing the first time around. Was wandering all around going - where ma sprites at? And then figured out I didn't do the moon quite right...