Device 6 by Simogo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, May 19, 2013.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
  2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Still trying to free some space for YW >__>

3. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    You sir are missing out on one of the best game of 2013..

4. Crude

Crude Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Isn't anyone anticipating this release as much as I am?

5. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Definitely, but simogo's games are incredibly varied, so you never know what is coming next, it could be a genre you are really into or one you are not so bothered about, so until more info is released it's difficult to get really hyped. However by the sounds of things it seems like it may be similar to year walk, in which case I couldn't anticipate it more

6. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    To me as brilliant as year walk is,it still has some holes..Missing gaps in the story or rather have unclear parts..I really hope this game is related to it and fill in some things that I feel missing in YW..

7. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #7 Hambo12, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
  8. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Not to sound sarcastic (at all), but are you being serious right now? I played this game, and....allow me to first preface this by saying I'm not a particularly dim-witted individual by most standards, no issues with solving complex puzzles in games like Portal 2, or Zelda....and yet in this game, I feel as though the game might as well be called "Getting Stuck with No Guidance".

I downloaded a walkthrough and went through it step-by-step until the game was really just a dull exercise in reading and executing.Without the walkthrough, I'd have been screwed. I came across some puzzles where an item obviously had to be interacted with, but I'd try tapping, swiping, tilting, shaking, whatever you can do with the device, and had to consult the walkthrough again to see what it was that needed to be done. This game got rave reviews that I found a little confusing, because none of them pointed to the fact that there was no tutorial and the game has some very confusing parts, especially given the fact that it is fairly easy to get lost backtracking in the woods etc.

I know the "no tutorial, just you and the game" approach definitely has an atmospheric effect, and I can appreciate that, but after a little time with the game I felt that it really could have benefitted from at least a hint system for those like me who, for a good length of time, were wandering around lost in the woods not knowing what to do.