BREAKING NEWS! - Promo Codes CAN BE REVIEWED AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Therealtrebitsch, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I just tried and I can confirm, that promo codes can be reviewed on the US Appstore again using an iDevice!

We will put Promo Dispenser back into the state, where users have to review apps on the Appstore again for getting a new promo code.

2. Arty Tales

Arty Tales Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    EU
  3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    That was always the case if you posted a review very soon after the code was redeemed - like an hour. Did you wait longer then that?

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Can confirm the one hour limit no longer exists! Very glad apple finally did away with that!

5. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Believe me, I tested everything, because it's my "job" and there was no one hour case.

On a mobile device you got immediatelly the message "you have to own this item".

If you redeemed and reviewed on a PC through iTunes, then you could review, but not on an iDevice. But almost nobody knew that.

Now you can review again everywhere.

6. Great news. Thanks for the heads up.

7. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Figured I'd let everyone know that now, after the lockout, you can no longer review promo codes except within the hour. :(. This no longer works.

8. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I tested things out. It seems that my old promo codes for the Mac App Store are now usable for reviewing... but it didn't work with the iTunes App Store.