Win $30 iTunes Gift Card--Game Testers Wanted for Cave Flier: "Impy"!!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by iqSoup, Jun 14, 2013.

1. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    #1 iqSoup, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    We need some game testers for our new game: Impy! Whoever gives us the best feedback will win a $30 iTunes gift card!!!

[​IMG]

Description:
    IMPY! From iqSoup comes the greatest cave flier since "Cave Flier."

If you haven't heard of it then clearly your out of the iOS cave flier loop! Here's your chance to rectify that! Cave fliers aren't just for your TI-81 graphic calculators anymore!!! This is one of those defining moments in the history of video gamery that you'll be telling your great grandkids about when they're playing Modern Warfare 23 on their holodeck.

Impy is the epic tale (epic is usually overused in game descriptions, but not in this instance) of an imp (named Impy--awesome name right) and his epic quest!!! Fulfill your destiny by cave-flying through the mysterious underworld, collecting treats and coins along your epic journey! Avoid toxins and burning hot magma--Impy is but a lad and hasn't yet developed +5 imp scales of fire resistance. Compete with your friends (and your enemies too if you want) via the highly sophisticated online ranking algorithm. Also buy imp loot in the Imp Mart--from awesomely epic hats to an imp sized hazmat suit!

Impy has 20 quests--conquer them all to beat the game!!! It also sports an awesome chiptunes soundtrack by BeatScribe!​

If you're interested please join our TestFlight group. We'll put the beta up there in a few days to give people a chance to join. But late comers are ok too--we can also re-release the beta to include people who don't catch the first one. Also please comment below so everyone can know how cool you are for being an official Impy game tester!

Testers beware! This game can and will forever change your life!!! You might never look at cave fliers the same way again!!! Play the game and give us some feedback. No need to beat the entire game--we appreciate any comments we can get, even just initial impressions.

Please post your first initial review, constructive comments, or mean spirited soul-crushing insults below on this thread. We want to know how this outstandingly epic game can be (realistically) tweaked/fixed/made-better? Suggestions need to be within reason--like don't say we should turn it into an open-world first person shooter where you get to ride a jetpack-unicorn...even though that sounds pretty awesome... More than one comment is fine and all your comments will be considered when we choose a winner.

He or she who posts the most greatest comment (as per iqSoup's judgement) will win a $30 iTunes gift card!!! That's a lot of IAP--you could play Real Racing 3 for like 12 minutes with that kind of bacon!!!!!!! SEE YA TIMERS!!! No waiting for oil changes for you!!!

So ya, please let us know if your interested! We really appreciated anyone willing to help! Thanks!!! :)

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Email sent and might I suggest testflight for other betas

3. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Can you do testflight? It's way more simple?

4. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    No problem! Set up a TestFlight group just now--follow this link to join: http://tflig.ht/11df4w4

Hope that helps people out!

5. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    gonna send you email

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm signing up through testflight...do I need to send you an email also?

EDIT:contact form

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    And by greatest, are you looking for a review or constuctive comments/criticism?

And on what date will you be choosing the winners?

8. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    email sent

9. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Signed up through testflight, also I have an ipad2 and iPhone5 not sure is it will be a universal build. If not I'd prefer using the iPad

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Form filled; applied in testflight as well

11. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Joined through testflight

12. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Form filled.

13. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Done! Email sent via contact form.

14. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Thanks for all the interest thus far!

No need to fill out the form on iqsoup.com--if you haven't yet. Joining the Test Flight group should be enough. There's still plenty of space left btw.

Oh and its a universal build--sorry! I should have mentioned that! So iPads, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad Mini--all should be good. A mix of devices is good anyways. I have tested it on 3g and it lags a little bit (for some reason)--just so you know.

By "most greatest comment" I mean the most helpful to us. Something that actually helps us make it a better game. This means it'll need to be realistic, insightful, meaningful, etc. "This game is great, 5 stars!!!" or "This game blows--its not staying on my phone for very long!!!" are both essentially useless comments. Maybe either one could be true and feel free to say so, but your not liable to win the contest with generic comments. "Quest 7 is way too hard" or "the difficulty ramps up way too quickly" or "there's a bug on level 4 when blah blah blah happens"--those are helpful comments that can go towards making the game better. Likely the winner will be whoever suggest something (or a few things) that actually ends up leading to a meaningful improvement in the game.

I haven't settled on an exact date for when the winner will be selected--I want to give as many people as possible a chance to test out the game. Certainly within 2 weeks (before Friday the 28th) but likely quite a bit sooner than that. The winner will be announced on this thread and I'll send the iTunes gift card to whatever email you'd like.

Thanks everyone for your participation! I'll give it another day or so for people to join and then put the beta up on TestFlight.

Oh and for anyone interested: if you want to follow this game or our company like us at facebook.com/iqsoup. In addition to Impy we're also working on a game called "Boon Hill"--which recently enjoyed a shockingly healthy Kickstarter. Its a graveyard simulator--it'll come out for PC, Mac, and mobile. And down the road we are also making an truly awesome steam punk game--more on that later.

15. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Beta Now Up On TestFlight

-------------------------------
    --Beta Build Now on TestFlight--
    -------------------------------

The beta is now up on TestFlight! Please PM me if you have any issues getting it installed or email [email protected].

If anyone hasn't joined but wants to do so I can always update the build with your UDID--so its not too late. Again, follow this link and you'll still be able to join the testing group after I've added your device to the beta. Late comers will still be eligible to join the contest for the $30 iTunes gift card. Contest will end on Friday the 28th of June--that will hopefully give everyone a chance to play the game for a bit. Just post your comments, reviews, and impressions here on this thread and you'll eligible to win. We want to know where this game can be improved (within reason), what bugs/problems you might run into, and just your general feelings/impressions.

Also for all participants of the contest please go LIKE us on facebook.com/iqsoup. It would help us out a lot. The contest winner will be announced over there (we'll use your TouchArcade alias).

--------------------
    --BONUS REWARD!--
    --------------------

We are also offering a bonus reward!!! A $10 iTunes gift card will go to the FIRST person to entirely beat the game!!! This means you need to beat all 20 quests. Post here that you have gotten to the end and I'll PM you to validate. I'll ask you a question about the end of the game. First to PM me back with the correct response will win the $10 iTunes gift card!!! If no one can beat the game by the contest deadline (though I'd be surprised if that's the case) this bonus reward challenge will expire and I'll keep the gift card for myself!

Many thanks for participating and good luck to you all!

16. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    #16 dreadnok, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    First impressions are actually good, the character is likable I love the eye movement( wish it moved up or down when the fire rises and falls) also the sounds within the game are cool enough that I have not had to turn them off.

I had an issue with reaching level 5 and having the screen get filled with info from previous levels " donuts cupcakes" etc one after the next which made it impossible to see clearly I will try to see if this happened again and send a screen shot. Lastly the game froze up and I had to shut it down to play again.

The shop also has an issue where after viewing something it will sometimes not show you anything else till you exit and reenter

I'll be back with any new discoveries

17. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Thanks dreadnok for comments so far! I knew about the shop issue and thought I had it sorted out. For now I think if you leave the store and then come back it should fix the issue. I'll try to work that out and get a new beta up on test flight!

18. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Hey everyone! I just noticed the beta build was starting people on quest 11 instead of quest 1. I was like, "son of a poopsmith!" Anyways a fixed beta is up there now so if you already downloaded it please install the latest build on TestFlight. It should be titled: "02_Beta_Impy." Sorry for the inconvenience! If you haven't installed yet it shouldn't affect you--just go to install and it should be the latest version up there.

Thanks!

19. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    #19 dreadnok, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    I keep getting frozen every so often and have to shut down app and restart

Well the game is frozen I can still move up and down

Happens each time I hit the pink cupcake in level 4st the first or 2nd one

20. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Thanks for finding that bug dreadnok! Found the problem and it should be fixed now! A new update (#3) should be up on TestFlight. Also added the devices of some of the new people. Enjoy!