Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-29-2015, 06:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

before i say my impressions about this game, i just wanna ask: Will my data here (from the testflight build) continue to the full release?

Now for the impressions:

To be honest this game is quite fun. And has great graphics (not that great on my iPhone 5) with good voice acting and better action. I like the map ui, it looks simple yet cool. I also like the armor designs, and the weapon cuztomization is great. But what I don't like about the game is that there's no graphics settings, so i'm stuck with these graphics for my phone (its a minor thing but i'd like that feature to be added if possible.) another thing is that almost every level feels the same. Though the challenge (meaning difficulty) is different every level. The game just feels the same, there should be more variety, like some levels should just be boss fights or you guys could make the machine gun section on the road, so you'll be fighting off waves of enemy at the same time trying to get a high accuracy while the car is moving.

So to sum it up, whats good:
-Graphics
-Sounds and Music
-Weapon Cuztomization
-Armor and Enemy Design

And whats bad:
-Little to no mission variety
-No Graphics Options (minor thing really, I'd just like to play the game at max graphics on my iPhone 5)
-NO SURVIVAL MODE

Some features I'd like to see in the game:
-New enemy types like enemies that can attack you in close quarters and you'll have to attack them through either a quick time event or a small minigame.
-Survival Mode
-Different ammo types for both the player and the enemy like a) Bullet Tracers (100% Accuracy) b) Poison Bullets (Destroys armor and/or health of the enemies.) Explossive Bullets (self explanatory).
-First Person Mode

Last edited by sean91499; 01-30-2015 at 03:46 AM..
Old 01-30-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean91499 View Post
before i say my impressions about this game, i just wanna ask: Will my data here (from the testflight build) continue to the full release?

Now for the impressions:
-First Person Mode
I see you are logged via Game Center, so yeah, they will stay. Once you download the live version you'll get asked whether to sync with the server side.

As for the feedback... in two words: simply great. Thank you. I will be sending some nice boost your way.

-Little to no mission variety

As in star missions or levels in general?

-No Graphics Options (minor thing really, I'd just like to play the game at max graphics on my iPhone 5)

Well, since there are fewer Apple devices, we're automatically assigning the best possible graphic detail to each iPhone 5 is almost up there with a few more effects on 5S and 6s and their iPad counterparts.

-NO SURVIVAL MODE

There are TIME SURVIVAL levels out there, with the clock icon and arrows down I believe, which are endless. It is obvious now though that they will need some highlighting.

Some features I'd like to see in the game:
-New enemy types like enemies that can attack you in close quarters and you'll have to attack them through either a quick time event or a small minigame.

Not a thing we'd be able to have soon, but yeah, it's a good one.

-Different ammo types for both the player and the enemy like a) Bullet Tracers (100% Accuracy) b) Poison Bullets (Destroys armor and/or health of the enemies.) Explossive Bullets (self explanatory).

Possibly. Noted.

-First Person Mode

You mean with the zooming/aiming through sights?

EDIT: The moving car. Yeah, we'd love that. We actually wanted to have it (hence the parked humvee in game menu, also copter missions), but it turned out to be technically crazy to have it added to the engine as is now. We do hope to bring those missions later on

Last edited by craneballs; 01-30-2015 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: added one more thing
Old 01-30-2015, 11:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Hey thanks for replying but let me just clarify what I meant:

1) survival mode- I meant endless survival
2) First person mode- I meant an option to make it first person (like cod or battlefield) instead of playing as third person
3) little to no mission variety- I meant both star missions and levels in general

Last edited by sean91499; 01-30-2015 at 11:28 PM..
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Really enjoyed Overkill 2. Can't wait for this to hit the masses. Any idea on launch date?