OF Points?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by OzzY, Feb 17, 2010.

1. OzzY

OzzY Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Student
    Serbia
    Just curious, are you able to set whatever number you want for single achievement in OF? Example: "Do something" +10000 OF Points.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You are given 1,000 points from OpenFeint. So each game has a maximum.

And yeah you are allowed to make one achievement worth 1,000 points if you want.

Most people split the achievements up though to about 30 achievements and each with less points.

But it's up to the developer.

3. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    We didn't use all of our OpenFeint points yet for our current game, only 750ish. You get a 1000. The reason is for future Updates.

I think I read some where that you can ask OpenFeint for more OF points if you have an Update.

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes that's also true. If you have a significant update coming out and you've used all your 1,000 points, they can decide to give you more achievement points if you need them.

But they won't just give you 1,000 more for one achievement if you used all 1,000 on a single achievement. They probably look for that you used the first 1,000 wisely and that your not just abusing the system.

5. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Yeah on the developer page of Open Feint it tells you that you can contact them if you have a major update to surpass the 1,000 limit, this is a nice feature.

As well you can only have an achievement that is worth between 1-200 unless you email them that you want 1 that is higher. The whole developer layout is really nice. I like it a lot.

Also you only get 100 achievements to use, I don't think that is surpass-able either. No one really seems to use more than 30-50 anyway.

6. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    There's been a recent policy change. You're currently allowed to allocate at most 200 points per achievement.