Universal Kollekt

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ahlfors, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Ahlfors

Ahlfors Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hello, Touch Arcade community!

[​IMG]

Kollekt is a game about collecting. It has been in development for a whole day now, but I thought I'd start this thread to show you guys what I am working on. Maybe use this space as a developer diary.

What I have for you guys today is a gif of the game running on an iPhone 5S.

[​IMG]

Obviously it's still far from perfect, but my idea was to combine the "Avoid the spikes" genre with Pong, and add some power ups (one of them being slow motion, as you can see in the animation). I still have some ideas I'd like to try out, but as a prototype I am quite happy with it.

And that's it! I will be back with more updates, but as the game has been in development for about 24 hours, I don't have much more to show you guys at the moment.

I appreciate any kind of feedback.

2. HEAT9

HEAT9 Member

Jul 20, 2014
    #2 HEAT9, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    If it was my project, I would replace those graphics with some sort of cute creature within some organic environment, maybe low res pixel art since you can do it yourself and works wonders. The graphics you currently have are good for utility apps but not games. Its harder to form an emotional connection and caring for a white dot with a bland background... I mean imagine a flappy bird sort of visual and compare it side by side with your current visual, which would u rather play?

EDIT: hmmmmmm, but if you do so, how different will your game then be from the likes of Spikes and Bouncy Ninja which already reached the top of the charts and are basically just like this game. I gotta feeling this game mechanic is not original enough now...

This is simply my opinion and I might be VERY wrong!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It's minimalism which is very popular right now.

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Ditto. Minimilaist games are running the AppStore right now. They ate visually alluring and they make your game stand out from the flood of games on the App Store. I say keep it, it works. Good luck on your project.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Are you saying they are ruining the App Store? I personally really like minimalist graphics.

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I meant to say they are running the App Store. I wasn't saying it was bad, I love the art. I'm just tired of all these cheesy games flooding the store. This game actually looks good though.

7. Ahlfors

Ahlfors Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #7 Ahlfors, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Thank you guys for the feedback! And an extra thank you to those who did some beta testing.

The official page is coming to be published here: brockley.se/kollekt

Here are some screenshots attached, and Kollekt will be released on App Store for iPhone on Thursday, August 14th for free.

iPad and Android versions coming later.

Attached Files: