Isle of Bxnes (Caveman Action RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simplemindead, Sep 17, 2013.

1. simplemindead

simplemindead Active Member

Apr 26, 2013
    -Website

Impression
    Title is pronounced, "Isle of Bones"; as the "x" is representative of a skull and crossbones. :D

I've never played an RPG set in prehistoric times so that was the initial point of intrigue. Using pixel-art graphics and being a mobile game, I think compliments the game. After trying out one of the beta builds, the game panned out as well as I hoped and the prospects are good for the finished product.

The first beta build was out on the 9th and limited(can finish in 10mins) in content so that's why my impression is rather short. Another build with more content is coming soon and I'll update with a more detailed impression of the game.

Pricing
    Pretty sure this will be a paid app without any IAPs. Though I believe nothing official has been mentioned yet regarding pricing. If it's a paid app, I'm guessing they'll also have a free version so players can try out the first area or so, before buying.

Release Date
    From an interview a few months back, they were scheduling for release around the end of September. I'm guessing that pushing it back to end of October would allow the game to be more polished and fully tested.

iOS release includes iPhone/iPod Touch, as well as iPad. I think they're still working to release on both iOS and Android at launch. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Android release was a week or two afterward.

2. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    This game looks like it's right up my alley but with cavemen, and It's always nice to see something new!

Does it have some kind of open world?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks like a solid hack and slash outside of the usual KRPG-ish comforts.

4. simplemindead

simplemindead Active Member

Apr 26, 2013
    The game is divided into a bunch of island levels with varying terrains. These islands are a series of "tile" chunks so I think some maps are randomly generated. Progression is somewhat linear but should be random enough for replayability.

I think the next build will add random encounters, these are much smaller and occur in between islands. Not sure if they're still accepting beta-testers but you could try emailing them, [email protected]. Testing is conducted through TestFlight.