Fieldrunners 2 (By Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Fieldrunners+2/news.asp?c=41114&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PocketGamerLatestNews+%28Pocket+Gamer+-+Latest+news%29

"Fast-forward four years and the Massachusetts-based developer is almost ready to release a sequel. Fieldrunners 2 will march onto the iPhone at the end of next month and will storm the iPad "shortly afterwards".

This sequel will arrive packing 20 hand-painted levels spread across four distinct environments, including grassy fields and a secret volcano base. Naturally, you have to defend all of these using 20 upgradable towers, which range from a powerful sniper-like railgun tower to an explosive nuke tower."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Nice one. Any idea of price?

3. poorcollegedev

Mar 23, 2012
    Kansas
    Looks good. Hopefully they support this one, unlike the first

4. killercow

Not yet!

5. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Good point!!
    They still have not updated the iPad version with a GC bug fix yet which is shoddy really considering what it sells for.

6. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Very excited with this news, but Ipad version shortly after (which means not universal) is a giant fail at this point in iOS apps. Just delay it and make it universal with cloud support from the start.

7. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Thought this day would never come!

8. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    The best TD game is back with a vengeance!

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    One of my first purchases on the iOS. It started off TD as a popular genre on the iOS and still holds its own, over 3.5 years later. Cannot wait for this.

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Finally.

11. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    Can't wait, I remember when I got my first iPod Touch 2G and I was playing the original all night.

12. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Glad to hear you guys are so excited about our new game, Fieldrunners 2! We're working hard to make sure it's as awesome as possible and meets all your highest expectations :)

Post any questions you have and I'll answer them as best I can :) Looking forward to hearing what you all think of our game!

13. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Free updates

14. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    File size?

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    When????? Thought it was this week!

16. killercow

They're shooting for next week!

17. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Will there be free updates or will I hve to Pay like the last one

18. JJay

JJay Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    When will the iPad version be out?

19. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    @Saqerbeast - We haven't made a decision about any updates just yet since all our focus has been on finishing the core game. I will say that we're packing a really absurd amount of content into Fieldrunners 2 - we could have broken this content up and released it piecemeal as free updates, but it was important for us to make a full, polished experience. When you play the game, you'll see what I'm talking about :) In short, a single playthrough of the campaign in Fieldrunners 2 would take well over 20 hours (if you beat every map the first try), so there will be more than enough awesome gameplay there to last you quite a bit of time. Once we make a decision about updates, I'll be happy to share more info.

@JJay - iPad version will be out "shortly after" the iPhone version. I'm personally hoping that it's less than a month after the iPhone version, but it depends on exactly what we decide to do. :) Our focus is currently on finishing the iPhone version, so a lot of this stuff just hasn't been nailed down yet. Happy to give you as much info as I can, though!

@Jacob007 - I think we're at 43mb right now. Just trying to keep things under the 50mb cap, so it will end up somewhere in that range at launch. The iPad version will be much, much larger due to iPad retina display assets :)

Let me know if guys have any other questions!

20. iPhone Junkie

iPhone Junkie Active Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, IL
    will this game have endless like the original fieldrunners?