Dungeon Ascendance

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 1, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seramygames.dungeonascendancepaid&feature=also_installed#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwNCwiY29tLnNlcmFteWdhbWVzLmR1bmdlb25hc2NlbmRhbmNlcGFpZCJd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'll second this recommendation. I mentioned it in another thread, and it's basically the closest you'll get to a Dungeon Desktop-like experience on your mobile.

If you have questions, download the free version, it has less classes and maps than the full version, but will give you a good taster.

Also, the Desktop Dungeons developers acknowledged this game in the past and said that it held itself on its own, with some different ideas and takes on the genre, instead of just being a copy-cat.

But yes, this is not a rogue-like like fargoal, nethack, dungeons of lore or cardinal quest. Each level is like a puzzle that you need to solve, where you level up by killing enemies, until you kill the boss and find the exit, but each "dungeon" is just a level. There are several different classes with special abilities, and then different dungeon settings, with different enemies and challenges and difficulties, and all of these are, in turn, randomly generated, but you only play a level at a time, there's no story or quest.

It's still very fun, and I'll repeat myself, but if you have ever played Desktop Dungeons, you know what you're in for, give or take.

3. gabikun

gabikun Active Member

Jan 22, 2012
    I've played it, and I think that, although it has very similarities with desktop dungeons, it has some differences that makes it unique... The health regeneration, for example (you need to consume food that is scattered in the dungeon, that makes irrelevant discover new parts of the dungeon if you are already healed up like in dd).

4. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Agreed.

More people should be playing this game, it is quite fun.